Chapter 15: Best Friends Forever

I walked slowly to the living room. As I entered the living room, I said,"Ya guys. Why are you guys suddenly so-" I stopped when I saw someone sitting on the sofa. Someone who I have been avoiding. That person looked up and his eyes widened.

"Taeil...." I managed to mutter.

I looked at the boys. I could tell my body was heating up. I clenched my fist. "How could you guys just open the door! This guys is a stranger to you guys," I said as I pointed at the guy who was sitting in the sofa quietly while looking down. I could see the guys flinch when I raised my voice. I mean who wouldn't.  They don't even know who this guy is. Except for Yoongi but he wouldn't know because I never showed a picture of Taeil to him at all. They probably wondered why I was so angry at them.

None of them said a word. I just stared at each of  them quietly. My eyes then landed on Yoongi. He looked more concerned. He gave me a look which told me not to worry about Taeil. My eyes quickly went to the next person. That person. Taeil. He stared right at me. He didn't look like he was angry. More like concerned? Sad? I quickly shook my head.

Don't fall for those eyes. Remember the last time you did and what had happened after that?

I took a deep breath. I then grabbed Taeil's arm and dragged him with me. Just as I grabbed his arm, the others got up but stopped when I turned around.

"Stay in here. Do not go out until I come back in," I warned. I continued to drag Taeil out of the dorm. I pulled down to the lobby and dragged him out of the building.

Once we were outside, I finally let go of his hand and took another deep breath. "Why are you here?" I said quietly. I realised that I wasn't angry anymore. Instead, my voice trembled as I spoke. Taeil just kept quiet. "Why are you here?" I said raising my voice a little.

He finally looked at me. I stared right at him but I felt tears brimming so I looked down. I could still feel him staring at me. After a pause that felt like eternity, he finally said something. "I'm here because of you." He said it. Now don't get me wrong. We're not lovers or anything like that. Well, at least that's what I think. I used to treat him like my older brother.

Hearing him say those five measly word made my heart melt a little. I soften until I remembered what he did to me two years ago. "No. Don't lie. Again. I had to run away! I couldn't stand it anymore! I was going to stay here until I graduated at least. So that I could graduate in peace! So that I could finally start college somewhere far from here! So that I don't have to see you or my dad!" I shouted and tears of frustration streamed down my face. I panted and looked at Taeil. He looked down. Somewhat guilty.

"You," I said again. "Get out of here and don't come searching for me. If money is what you need, you should find a part time job instead of betraying your own friend and sending her to her father who abuses her!" I shouted at him. Even though we were in public, I couldn't help but shout.  Luckily there was no one around. I think?

He then said something that kind of surprised me. "You don't call me oppa anymore huh? I don't mean anything to you anymore right? Well it's ok. I doesn't deserve it anymore since I did something horrible that hurt you." I was confused. What is his point?

"But please," he continued. "Let me say something. The reason why I sent you back there was because I needed the money very badly because my sister had a very high fever and my family was short of money. When your dad found that out, he called me and told me that he would pay all the hospital bills if I brought you back to him. I didn't want to do it at first but my sister was getting sicker and sicker so I couldn't resist. I...." he took a deep breath before continuing his statement.

"I had to choose between loosing my sister or my best friend and it was very hard for me to do so."

I immediately started crying. How could I have not known this. I knew very well how much his sister means to him but I was so selfish to realise that.