Wide Awake, My Mistake, So Predictable

KEI

"They're fun. You should get one."

Hoseok said as his cat, Yoongi, laid on his lap. Yoongi was Hoseok's hybrid. He was a cat with pointy black ears laying on his head. His fluffy black tail found its way around Hoseok's inner thigh. "I've always wanted one but Jimin always seems to always talk me out of it." Hoseok smiled fondly. "Yeah, he did that to me as well. I still got him anyway. He's a really good company."

Yoongi smiled up at Hoseok, sitting up and leaning foreword to whisper something in Hoseok's ear. "We should get one for you." Taehyung reached in his pocket, looking around for the familiar paper, but found none. "I left my money. Plus, hybrids are a big responsibility. I can barely take care of myself." Hoseok rolled his eyes and sighed, taking his wallet out. He checked how much money he currently had.

"I guess it's your early birthday present. You'll get used to it in no time."

Taehyung sighed and shrugged. "I could use the company."

So here he was looking for the right one. They were all so adorable! At the end of the hall, there was an old rusty cage. He peaked in the window and saw a small bunny in the very back of the cage.

"He's not one you'd want... We found him in an apartment, half dead. His former owner beat him up a lot. He's been through a lot and to buy this one it's recommended you have experience. Some would say he's 'dangerous.'"

Taehyung frowned and looked him in the eyes.

"What's his name?"

"Jeon Jungkook."

"Why do you say he's dangerous?" He asked.

The manager sighed, continuing on with his explanation. "When we first found him, he was in a really bad state. His owner abused him and tried to kill him. He was drunk so it was kind of expected. We brought him here and cared for him. His wounds healed and we put him here in the cages. We had formally put him with a pup, but Jungkook would only get into fights with the pup. And he would severely hurt him. Jungkook isn't the friendly type anymore, for that case we don't know if he ever was."

Taehyung looked back at the bunny.

"He hates everything and everyone, none of our workers have been able to get close to him. So far all we know of is that he likes cookies." Taehyung chuckled. "Cookies? He sounds like a handful and he likes cookies. That's cute." Mr. Shaw, the manager of the store, nodded.

"That's all he eats. He's in great shape just by eating them, though. It's all we can get him to eat. You would think it's unhealthy, but he's a rare species. He's a part of a rare bunny species as well. His eyes-"

All four eyes laid on Jungkook's eyes. "They change from blue to purple to red. That's all the information we were able to get out of him. Before he started getting aggressive with us."

"Fascinating.."

Yoongi sniffed the cage. Jungkook's head went up at the hybrid. "Y-Yoongi-" Hoseok was about to pull his cat away but Yoongi put his hands on the bars, just under Jungkook's hands. Hoseok and Taehyung looked at each other in confusion.

A sigh left Jungkook's lips as he turned around and sat in the back of the cage "Could you open the cage?" Mr. Shaw looked at Jungkook then back at Yoongi. "A-are you sure? Like I said-" "I know what you said mister, I want to just talk with him." He hesitated and nodded, looking once more at Hoseok who remained calm and nodded.

"You can talk, right?"Yoongi asked. He then walked to the bunny, remaining calm. "Jungkook, yeah?"Jungkook looked at Yoongi and lifted his head slightly. "What would you care?" Jungkook scoffed. Yoongi chuckled and bent to eye level with Jungkook.

"Your last days huh?" Yoongi whispered, low enough for the others to not hear. "H-how do you know?" Yoongi smiled and shrugged. "I know a lot of things. Do you want out or not?" Jungkook looked in Taehyungs direction and sighed. "Please help me." He whispered to Yoongi.

"I told you I'd be back," Yoongi whispered, making sure his actions were believable enough for Taehyung. Jungkook understood the memo and nodded. "Yoongi!" Jungkook laughed and let his tears fall, his act just as believable as Yoongi's. "Thank you." He whispered as he hugged Yoongi tightly. Hoseok and Mr. Shaw were shocked. "Yoongi isn't social.." Hoseok was just the tiniest bit jealous. Taehyung smiled.

"I think he's the one." Hoseok looked at Taehyung. "Are you sure?" Taehyung nodded. "He's cute and I want to give him the love he deserved from the start."

"Mr. Kim, It might be very difficult to have this boy like you. His previous owners gave him back every time." Jungkook looked up and some of the tears that left his eyes now were real. "Those were them. I won't give him back. I can't." He crossed his arms and looked back at Yoongi and Jungkook.

"Plus, he and Yoongi seem to be close."

"You know him?"

Yoongi sighed and shook his head. "I do not." Hoseok looked at Yoongi. "But-" Before Hoseok could finish, Yoongi cut him off. "It was all for show. We don't know each other, I just played along." Hoseok was confused. "What? Why?"

"Jungkook is just a seventeen-year-old boy who just needs love. He never got it and he wants it from a human. Just by looking at him, you can see everything he's been through." Hoseok signaled him to go on. "If Tae wouldn't have seen us interact then he would've left him. Jungkook was just one day from getting killed." Hoseok raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean? How do you know?" Yoongi breathed and made eye contact with his Owner.

"Because I was in his place too."

Helloo!!!! I'm back and I got a depressing story for you. If you do not like the following, please leave.

I changed some plots in the story and added some things to make more sense!

THIS STORY WILL CONTAIN:
Smut
Eating Disorders
Self Harm
Suicidal Thoughts
Mentions of Rape
Hybrids
Blood
Kinks in General
Detailed Scenes
Weird ass shit
I don't know where this book will end soooo
Ext.

In this story i cover sensitive topics, please if any of these are triggering to you do not read, i will be posting trigger warnings on the chapters that will have sensitive material.

If you are going through something please speak out and talk to someone. My DMs are always open if you want to vent.

National Suicide Prevention Hotline
1 (800)-273-8255

RE-EDITED