Chapter Twelve

I watched her run away, her voice sounded full of hate when she said those words.

I glared at Totoko, who had a smug smile on her face. "Anyways now that she's gone-ACK!"

Totoko fell to the ground, clutching her stomach, her eyes wide in shock.

"W-Why?"

I grabbed her by her sweater collar, and lifted her off the ground.

"She wasn't a rental, and you and I are nothing. Leave me and (Y/N) alone. Never come here again." I spat, every word laced in venom.

I can't kill her, people will notice. Or maybe I can..

Throwing her to the ground, her brown eyes were still wide in shock. She gave a weak cough before shakily getting up.

"Y-You NEET.. I bet sh-she doesn't even love y-you.." she spat.

"I could say the same to you, Yowai. You don't even love us sextuplets."

I walked off, leaving her there.

I need to find (Y/N). It wasn't safe yet, people could see her face and turn her in. Someone could hurt her. But I don't know where to find her..

Please (Y/N), be safe.

...

You ran away from Ichimatsu and the pink clad girl. Your legs ached and warm, salty tears streamed down your face.

It was all a lie then. I was just some replacement. Some toy to him after all. I don't matter to anyone. Why did I even think he loved me? Of course he didn't, he's just some monotone asshole.

...

You looked around. You felt grains of sand in your shoe. Salty waves rolled onto the sand. The sound would have been relaxing, if it didn't remind you of him.

We first met here.

You felt your aching legs carry you to the cliffside, water crashing against it. It misted your face.

A small smile crept its way onto your face.

He knew I was weak and tired. I was just looking for anyone to show affection to me that I didn't even consider getting to know him.

You took off your shoes. They were the same brown loafers  you wore here when you first met.

When I thought he loved me.

You took off your black hoodie. You were wearing a simple white shirt under it.

"(Y/N), pull your hood up. People might see your black eye."

You took off the medical mask.

"(Y/N), put this on. Just because your eye healed doesn't mean people won't recognize you."

You placed your things next to you. Standing up, you watched the waves crash onto the cliffside.

Your legs dangled over the edge of the rocky cliff. The salty water crashing against the mound of rock, the sound of the waves washing up on the sandy beach.

You chuckled a little bit. It was like you were repeating the time you tried to kill yourself. Except this time there's nobody here for you. Only you and your thoughts.

You stood up.

"He only wanted me because I was pathetic, and had no reason to live anymore. I'll show him. I'll get by on my own. I won't just be some toy for him anymore." you muttered, clenching your fists.

I hate you, Matsuno Ichimatsu.

You grabbed your hoodie and fished out some spare money you had inside. Putting on the mask, hoodie, and shoes, you walked away from the cliffside.

You walked to a local donation center, where people would put up old clothes and other trinkets for sale.

You bought a simple fleece sweater and khakis. You also bought a flimsy wig.

Changing into the new clothes, you quickly went back to the cliffside beach and left your old clothes there. You took out your receipt and wrote a note.

When I first met you, you gave me a reason to be alive. A reason to live. Now, I have a new reason to be alive. But I would spoil it if I told you, right?

Goodbye, Matsuno Ichimatsu.

...

Tears ran down my cheeks as I read the note. I glanced at her clothes and back at the note.

Turning over the note, I saw it was a receipt for clothes.

"N-No.. th-this can't be.. She didn't kill herself... she ran away.." I whispered. My voice was hoarse. I gave a small, almost sinister smile. She didn't die.

I'll find you, (Y/N). And when I do, I'll protect you. You won't ever leave my side.