Chapter Five

You woke up, excited for today. Going through your morning routine, and making a lunch, you went to Ichimatsu's house.

"Hey! It's (Y/N)! Open up!" You said, as you knocked loudly.

Todomatsu opened the door, almost looking like Ichimatsu but with those innocent demon eyes.

"Good Morning, (Y/N).. here to see Ichimatsu?" he said with a yawn.

Nodding, Todomatsu turned around and yelled.

"Ichimatsu! (Y/N) is here."

Ichimatsu came up and saw you. He understood why you were here and followed you out.
As the two of you were walking you spotted a familiar black haired boy.

"Hey! Ryou-san! Going to the train station?"

Ryou glanced at you, and his face went red. Nodding, he walked up to you, a bit uneasy for some reason.

"Hi, (Y/N)-kun. Yes, I'm going to the train station."

You smiled and the three of you kept walking.

...

I glared at him. He looked pretty uneasy around me. Slowing my pace so I walked next to him I whispered,

"Do you like (Y/N)?"

He almost fainted, as he went red around his neck to his ears. He shook his head furiously.

"N-No! W-Why do y-you a-ask?"
he stuttered nervously.

"Tch."

Liar. I'd kill you if it wasn't for (Y/N) being here.

...

The three of you arrived at the train station.

"See you later Ichimatsu-san!" you called as you and Ryou boarded the train. You saw a fierce glare in your schoolmates eyes as you boarded.

Before you knew it, someone shook you awake.

"(Y-Y/N)! W-Wake up! We're going to be late!"

You jolted awake, and ran off the train with Ryou.

Oh gosh, I hope we're not going to be late!

You both ran to school. You were almost to the door of you and Ryou's class, until he slipped.

Panicking, you caught him, your arms around his bottom torso, and your faces close to eachother.

Thank goodness! I hope no one saw that.

Ryou's face was insanely red, his blue eyes not meeting yours. You heard laughing from inside the classroom. Turning your head, you saw your classmates bickering at you and Ryou.

"They look cute together!"

"Are they dating?"

"Cute!"

Your face went hot with embarrassment as you helped your friend regain his balance. Bowing low, he muttered apologies as you went into the classroom. Hiding your face the bell rang and class started.

..

I quietly growled in anger as (Y/N) caught him. His blue eyes full of embarrassment and her (E/C) full of surprise. Her back was to me, but I could've sworn they accidentally kissed as they quickly got up and their classmates remarks and reactions.

I hate him.

...

Ryou and you went to eat under the trees. Both of you we're still awkward about the fall and ate in silence.

"Hey, (Y-Y/N)?"

He said to you, his blue eyes avoiding yours.

"Hm?"

"Does.. does Ichimatsu hate me?"

You froze. Sure Ichimatsu could be cold sometimes, but, you didn't think he could hate anyone.

"P-Probably not. He just looks cold and mean! Don't tell him I said this but I think he's a big softie!"

You heard a rustle from a nearby tree, but before you could look up, it stopped. Only a single leaf fluttered to the ground.

You and Ryou gradually started calming down about the near kiss, and even started joking about it. Smiling warmly at him, you said,

"Do you want to go to the park with Ichimatsu and I after school ends?"

Ryou froze. His pupils went small with fear and thought.

"S-Sure!" he said quickly, regaining his composure.

Smiling, you heard the bell ring, and you both went to class.

...

You and Ryou got off the bullet train, and headed to the Matsuno's houses. You could've sworn you saw an abnormally large, grey cat running towards the home. Shrugging it off as one of the sextuplets shenanigans, you both continued on your way.

Arriving at the residence, you knocked.

You heard an explosion, as Ichimatsu opened the door.

"H-H-Hey (Y/N)," he said nervously. He was sweating. "W-What do you need?"

"Want to go to the park with Ryou-san and I?" You said with a smile.

Unbeknownst to you, Ryou's piercing blue eyes were glaring at Ichimatsu.

"S-Sure!" the purple matsu stuttered. A grey cat scurried out of the house before he could close it.

"O-Ok l-lets go!" Ichimatsu nervously said as he grabbed your hand, glaring at Ryou, and lead the way to the park.