Chapter Eleven

You kept your face down as you walked, not wanting anyone to see your black eye. Your face was still bloody, as you didn't bother to clean up. Your body ached, your muscles felt tired from being pummeled and walking. You glanced up and saw Ichimatsu's house. You broke into a run, and knocked on the door. You hadn't realized up until now, but your throat swelled. It hurt to speak.

"I-Ichimatsu.. A-Anyone?.." you choked out.

Choromatsu opened the door. Looking at you it took him a moment to process what happened to you.

"(Y-Y-Y/N)! W-W-What h-happened?!" he stammered, moving aside to let you in.

"What's all that nois-" Todomatsu was walking down the hall until he saw your messy figure, supported by Choromatsu to keep you from falling.

"(Y/N)! A-Are you okay?! H-Hold on!" Todomatsu said before running back upstairs.

"Guys! (Y/N) is here and she's seriously hurt!" he yelled.

The rest of the brothers rushed downstairs and helped you to the lounge room, Ichimatsu helping the most. Getting you water, bandages, etc.

"Who... who did this to you?.." said Osomatsu.

"M-My d-dad.." you choked out, your voice still hurting. "C-Can I s-stay with y-you g-guys for a w-while?" you said, and pointed to your bag.

"I-I'll ask our m-mom.." said Choromatsu before he and the brothers ran to where Matsuyo and Matsuzo were.

"Our friend (L/N) (F/N) is very hurt, and can't go home for now! Please let her stay for a while!" they said in unison.

The parents shot eachother an uncertain glance, remembering the incident with Tougou. "Are you sure they're not robbers?" Matsuzo said bluntly.

The sextuplets shook their head, and looked up at their parents with desperate eyes.

"Well.. okay.. she can use the guest room." said Matsuyo.

At that you heard cheering from the other room. The brothers helped you to the guest room. Ichimatsu insisted on carrying you alone, even growling at Karamatsu when he tried to help. After that, the brothers left you to go get rest.

You sat up in your futon, going through your bag. You took out your phone, which was full of texts from your father. You muted his number and blocked him from calling you. Sighing, you saw something shining from the bag. Taking it out, you saw the old family photo. Tears started to fall from your eyes, unable to keep it in anymore. Tears splashing onto the glass.

You felt someone hug you from behind. Looking up, it was surprisingly Karamatsu.

"Look, (Y/N). About what I wanted to tell you on the roof.." his eyes were full of gratefulness, and he wasn't being painful either. "Thank you.. Thank you for making Ichimatsu smile! We haven't seen him smile this much since he met you and he's been smiling whenever you leave or whenever he thinks of you.. just.. thank you." he said. Before you could reply, he left.

You fell asleep a few minutes later, tired and confused. Tears still stained your face as you slept. You felt a warm pillow near you and you grabbed it. Your face right in the center.

"Oi. (Y/N)." a voice gently whispered. You blinked your eyes awake to see Ichimatsu, who's torso you were using as a pillow. He grabbed your wrists a little roughly which elicited a small 'ow' from you and made you sit up.

"Let me see your arms." he growled. His tone was switched to a menacing one. He knew your father had already hurt you.

You took off your hoodie, leaving you in your grey sweatpants and a white tanktop. Your arms were bandaged, but they were red and bruised. Some old cuts had become scars, their raised lines scored evenly. Your face still had a black eye, along with a cut cheek which had a band aid on it.

Ichimatsu grabbed you and held you in a tight embrace, straddling you a bit. You hugged him back.

I am going to kill him. He hurt (Y/N), so how could I not. Surely she'd understand.

"(Y/N)." he said in his monotone voice.

"Hm?.."

"W-We're going to eat lunch downstairs.. are you hungry?" he said, still hugging you.

You nodded your head. Ichimatsu stood up and helped you stand. You were still shaky, so you held onto Ichimatsu. You clung into him for dear life as you went down the stairs. Sitting down, you grabbed a bowl and some rice. You ate gently, your jaw hurting from the punch you had received. It was unusually quiet. Glancing up, you saw all eyes on you.

"I-Is something the matter?" you asked, setting down your chopsticks.

They all shook their head and looked away from you.

Ichimatsu stood up, his bowl empty.

"I'm going to the alleyway."

You glanced at him curiously.

"Why?" you asked.

"I-I um.. need to f-feed the cats th-there."

"C-Can I come with you?" you said, hopeful.

"I-I..um.." Ichimatsu shot his brothers a glance. Choromatsu looked extremely disapproving. Osomatsu shrugged. Karamatsu shook his head with Todomatsu, and Jyushimatsu... was being Jyushimatsu.

"S-Sure.." he muttered, walking over to help you up.

"I-It's not far but, you should keep your hood up if you don't want to be seen by your dad." he said, helping you steady yourself.

You nodded as you two left the house. Pulling your hood up you clutched Ichimatsu's arm as you two walked.