Chapter Twelve

You and Ichimatsu walked to the alleyway holding hands, your fingers intwined. He was humming a calming tune, and would move you before you could bump into someone or trip. You had your head down and face hidden so people wouldn't question your black eye or if your dad might be outside looking for you. A comfortable silence filled the air.

"(Y/N), we're here." said Ichimatsu, squeezing your hand a bit.

You finally looked up from the sidewalk, to see Ichimatsu, an alleyway, and the sound of shuffling. Pulling your hood down, Ichimatsu led you into the alleyway. He crouched down, and made a meowing sound.

"Hello friends." he murmured.

A few cats jumped down to greet Ichimatsu, rubbing their furry faces on his hands and legs.

You kneeled down beside Ichimatsu. A small grey cat with a white face and underbelly trotted up to you. You held your hand out and it rubbed its face on it. A small smile crept to your lips, as you pet the kitten.

Ichimatsu stood up and went behind a dumpster, only to emerge a few seconds later. In hand, he had a hefty bag of cat food and three tin food bowls. Placing them down, he opened the food bag and poured an even amount into all three. A few more cats emerged to get food once a tinkling sound filled the alleyway.

You and Ichimatsu sat down and watched the cats eat, holding hands. You leaned on Ichimatsu's shoulder.

"(Y/N)."

"Hm?"

"Would you.." You glanced up at Ichimatsu, who seemed deep in thought. "Would you kill for my sake?" he said, adding emphasis on the word kill.

"W-Well.." you stammered. You would, but it depends on the gravity of the situation. "W-Well, y-yes. A-And no. But m-mostly yes!" You couldn't stop your voice from wavering.

"Hmm.." Ichimatsu hummed a response. "I'd kill for you. I'd kill anyone that'd try to hurt you or take you away." he said almost menacingly.

"Oh." you simply said.

Ichimatsu leaned in and gave you a kiss. His lips were chapped, but they felt a bit nice. You felt a hand petting the back of your head. Ichimatsu didn't dare to deepen the kiss, as he pulled away. Pulling you into a hug, you two stayed like that until the cats left.

Getting up Ichimatsu put the supplies back. And you pulled your black hoodie up and over your head. Holding onto Ichimatsu's arm, you both left the alleyway.

"Woah. Guess your dad really wants you home." Ichimatsu murmured. He sounded surprised.

"What do you mean?"

"Look up for a bit." He said.

Glancing up, you saw a missing poster with your face on it, and boy were those posters everywhere. Not one wall was clear of missing posters. How did he put so many up in a short amount of time?

"We should hurry home." Ichimatsu muttered. Taking your hand, you both speed walked home. It hurt a little bit as your legs were still sore.

Ichimatsu opened the door and helped you  upstairs. His grip on you was unusually tight, as if he was worried or panicked.

"Ah! Hi, Ichimatsu-niisan and (Y/N)-san!" said Jyushimatsu.

All the brothers were relaxing an doing their own thing.

Ichimatsu looked worried and panicked.
"Guys, we need to lay some ground rules involving (Y/N)." Everyone glanced ip at him. "There are a lot of 'Missing' posters outside with (Y/N)s face on it." Now Ichimatsu had their attention. "First off, if anyone asks if we know where she is, we say?"

"Sorry don't know!" they said in unison, except Todomatsu, who said, "She's at my house!"

Everyone glared at Todomatsu. Ichimatsu continued. "(Y/N) can't leave the house unless she's with one of u-" Ichimatsu was interrupted by knocking at the door. "Someone hide (Y/N)!"

You were pushed into a closet and covered by blankets.

Ichimatsu and the rest headed downstairs and answered the door. "Hello?"
Surprisingly, a police officer and your dad were at the door, both of them were taken aback at six same faces.

"One of them was escorting my daughter home, officer! It was that scruffy haired one. Itcher-something." Ichimatsu was pushed to the front.

"Sorry to bother you young man, but witnesses say a female in a black hoodie was stumbling towards here and was taken in by one of you. Have you seen her?" said the officer, holding up a missing poster.

Todomatsu stepped forward, a deceiving aura around him.

"(Y/N)-chan was here, and asked for some water. She said something about getting a job at Sutabaa and lying low in an apartment somewhere there." he said, rounding his eyes to make it believable.

"When did this happen, young man?"

"Around morning." Todomatsu said.

Everyone let out a relieved sigh when the Officer and your dad left. He shot a nasty glare at Ichimatsu before he left.

Everyone hugged and thanked Todomatsu, with his expert deceiving skills. The brothers headed back upstairs and retrieved you from the closet.

Ichimatsu pulled you into a tight hug. Was he crying? Was he really that worried? Sniffling, everyone explained what had gone on downstairs.

"Oh..." Ichimatsu was still hugging you, for some reason. The brothers left you and Ichimatsu at home to get oden from Chibita's.

Ichimatsu had fallen asleep on you. "Aaah..cute..." you murmur, petting his hair. Before you knew it, you too had fallen asleep, cradling Ichimatsu.