Epilogue

Epilogue

Never in my life was I as shocked as I was now. In front of me, was Hayden who was on his knee.

With a ring.

"Reese Valentina Ford, no words can describe how much I love you. You're my world. When I rescued you three years ago, I was overjoyed. I was so happy. You're a gift from God, and like any other gift, I will treasure you.

We've been through the good and bad times, the break-ups and the fights, together. I wouldn't trade you for anything in the world. You're all I need, all I want. I couldn't have wished for anything better than to have you in my arms every single day.

I love you, Ree. Will you marry me?"

[ three years ago ]

It wasn't until I heard an intensely loud roar that rumbled through the house—hitting the room we were stuck in—that I finally recognised who they were and what was happening.

I felt my body flare up, involuntarily lunging my body to the front—pulling my arms forward with the chains holding me in place. I knew by now that my eyes had brightened up, flashing flecks of gold as my wolf awakened.

"Alpha!" I roared, however, it wasn't Jared that roared—

--It was Hayden.

I was praying that my pack was fine downstairs—both of them.

If anything happened to Lane, Jared and Mace, I would die—especially if something happened to Hayden.

"Reese!" I heard my name being called from behind the door, loud enough to echo through the halls. Nadine glanced at me, eyes slightly wide.

"Who the hell is that?" I chose to ignore her as my eyes pierced the door. I noticed in the corner of my eye that Nadine leaned slyly away from me with a sigh. "She didn't even try." She muttered.

Part of me felt for the girl, she had been trying endlessly trying to contact someone—to find help— and it ended up my pack coming instead of hers.

The noises had started to get louder, getting closer and closer with each second/

Suddenly, the door was bashed down by none other than Hayden.

"Hayden!"

"Reese!" Looking at him now, I didn't realise how I'd actually missed him in the past three months. His eyes were glassy with unshed tears. By my right—Nadine—I heard a quick 'ooh' of desire.

I growled at Nadine, angrily, making her stand down. She narrowed her eyes at me, which Hayden had growled at her for.

"I was only joking, don't get your knickers in a twist." She grumbled.

Hayden reached to rip the chains that were attaching me to the walls off.

"No!" But it was too late, he always made contact with the silver chains, immediately pulling back, hissing in pain. I let out an involuntary growl at the sight of my mate in pain; "Silver chains." I grumbled as I gestured to the burns on my wrists and ankles.

For a moment, Hayden's eyes blurred into black as he glanced down at my frying limbs—I could almost feel the rage emitting for his body.

Suddenly, the large body charged through the doorway.

It was Ron. Ron happened to be the first rogue I encountered, the rogue that Brock and I caught choking Emilie from his ghastly large hands and he was the rogue that kidnapped me.