Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

"Alright, everyone!" Jared hollered as all of the warriors were surrounding outside of the house, ready to run through the woods. As well as the warriors, in front of Jared stood; myself, Mace, James, Lane and Hayden. "Remember, while the battle distracts the rogues at the front of the house, myself along with Reese, Mace, Brock, Naya and Hayden shall sneak from the back and locate Emilie—understood?"

Both Brock and Naya happened to be Jared's most trusted pack trackers—since they were trained pack trackers, not only could they find a scent they could also hide their own scents to make sure they were undetected.

There were a few checks and warm-ups, but after them—we were off.

When I shifted, the thrill of it all made it feel as if I hadn't shifted in years the air breezing through my orange-toned fur made me almost swoon at the feeling, momentarily forgetting why I was running in the first place. Behind me was Hayden, his grey wolf keeping his pace slightly slower than me as if to protect me from behind.

Soon enough, we had made it to the rogues' house. It wasn't far from the pack territory—which was probably why the tracker wolves found it so quickly—and seemed to be only a few miles out of the bored, just hidden quite well.

The house looked awful and battered however it managed it hold their large structure and I caught something thinking;

How big is this rogue pack?

Jared sent signalled the group of us that he had assigned to go through the back as our wolves all growled viciously before charging straight at the front of the house.

The back of the house definitely went with the front of the house, both ends looking worse for wear.

One by one, we crept into the house. Once all of us were safely in the house, we all went to the corner so no one would catch us in the middle of the room.

We all shifted back, dressing with the clothes we had tied to our ankles.

Jared mad mentally created a mind-link between all six of us, making sure we were all connected together. 'We must split up now.' He was the first one to speak through the mind-link.

Since both Hayden and Jared were Alphas, they both could be in the same mind-link however no one in Hayden's pack could mind-link Jared and Hayden cannot mind-link anyone besides Jared—but in this scenario, Jared had patched Hayden into the group mind-link.

'Is that a good idea?' Naya, one of our best female fighters asked.

Naya happened to be a sweet young woman, who had a harsh life in her past pack however like me she was picked up and helped by Alpha Jared and the Golden Redemption pack. We had only found her two years ago, a year after I had arrived, and she managed to climb up the warrior ladder—the abuse she felt all those years, she channelled the pain into strength and anger.

'It is the best thing we can do, it'll be must quicker than all of us together looking through every room.' Mace chose to side with his Alpha and slowly but surely got Naya to agree—along with all of us.

'Okay,' Jared spoke, channelling his inner Alpha. 'Mace and Naya, go to the right.' They both nodded before quickly running off to the right. 'Brock and Reese, go to the left.'

Hayden growled through the mind-link. 'I'm not leaving Reese alone.'

Jared narrowed his eyes at the other Alpha in front of him, growling back through the link; 'It'll only cause distractions.' There, thankfully, was a minimal amount of disagreement with Hayden unhappily agreeing with the decision after I narrowed my own eyes at him.

He knew I cared more about finding Emilie than I did being together at the very moment.

'Mindlink if there is too much trouble or if you found Emilie.' Jared quickly added before Brock and I ran off to the left.

It only took Brock and I five minutes before we found Emilie's scent, then another five minutes to find her room—which was surrounded with rogue guards.

'You go left, I go right.' We quickly worked out a plan before knocking them both out from a big blows to the back of the head

It was unnaturally easy to put them down, and while that didn't set well with him, I continued on with my mission. There was no time to stop and think.

Brock and I both prepared ourselves for the horror that would be behind the door.

Emilie could be dead; hung, headless, legless, armless, decapitated sawed from the waist, viciously ripped apart, anything! I huffed through my nose, building up the courage to open the door.

When I did finally did open the doors, the first thing I saw was Emilie—

--I saw her being choked to death.