Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen – Hayden's POV (moments after Reese was taken)

"What!" I roared at Brock, he held his own. "You better be joking boy!" I gripped him by the collar and pulled him close, ready to rip him in half.

"Hayden, let him go!" Jared growled at me, using his Alpha voice, which obviously didn't affect me one bit—but it was a cute try.

"He lost my fucking mate, I can do whatever I fucking want right now!" I growled in Brock's face, but my words were directed to Jared.

How could this bastard lose my mate? How!

It took a while, but I finally let go of Brock, but I definitely wasn't happy about it.

"I swear to god," I got up in Brock's face "if something happens to Reese or if we can't find her, I will tear you apart." I seethed at him, shoving him away from me.

Everyone was giving me sympathetic looks, which was quick to piss me off.

"All of you can avert your fucking eyes!" I roared, before charging into the woods, leaving them all behind in a fit of rage.

I've only got my mate back and she has managed to slip from my fingers. I was devastated and fuming—and all my wolf wanted to do was rip something apart.

☽☾

Hours later, I found myself sitting in Reese's room—it became reminiscing of when she first time she had ran from the Midnight Forrest pack after the day I had idiotic rejected her.

Deep down, I didn't even blame Brock instead I blamed myself. Even though I wasn't with her when she was taken, I felt like it was my fault.

I wasn't there to protect her.

When I saw Brock running towards us, with Emilie sobbing uncontrollably in his arms, I waited for Reese to pop around the corner, but she never did.

I just got her back, there is no way I am going to lose her again.

I rested my head down on to the pillows, closed my eyes and listened to the music that ringed through her room via her MP3 that I had found. It was intoxicated by her scent.

I had listened deeply to the music that was playing, the only thing on my mind being Reese.

I could help but think about her, everything about her; the way she laughs, the way she smiles, the way she is when she's in charge, the way she is when she's in trouble—

--Just her being herself. She was truly amazing.

There was a slight knock on the door, followed by Jared.

"What do you want?" I groaned. I paused the music and sat up straight. Jared sat down beside me, sighing.

"We'll find her, I know it." I looked at Jared and saw the sadness in his eyes. Reese was like his little sister. He was helping her out when I had broken her, and for that, I owe this man everything. Everything except that is Reese.

No one could have her, she was all mine.

"I know, but if we don't," I paused, looking at Jared "I'll kill him." He knew I was talking about Brock but he just sighed, patted my back and then walked out.

I will kill him if we don't find my mate. I will.

I would kill everyone.