Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Emilie Collins.

She was a sweet little girl, I actually knew of her.

There were clearly many children in this pack, it would be hard to make such an impression on many people at such a young age.

Emilie Collins happened to be one of the sweetest, the most adorable, seven-year-old girl that this pack possesses. Maybe her name wasn't very rememberable, however, her actions were.

She would go up to everyone she saw on Valentine's day, with yellow roses in her hands, and pass them flowers all day long. She didn't even need to know them, she would smile up to them and give them flowers. Most people knew her for that, they didn't even know her name.

I didn't even know her name.

She had given me yellow roses ever since I got to this pack, she wouldn't say anything as she gave you a rose—with a smile and a nod.

Her mother had told me why there were always yellow roses, yellow was her favourite colour and roses happened to be her favourite flower. I don't even think that she knew that the meaning of yellow roses happened to be friendship and appreciation.

After hearing her mother's cries and finding out that the rogues had indeed kidnapped Emilie, everyone's heads went off. Jared and Mace, along with the warriors, had ran into the pack house and ever since—four days ago—they have been trying to find the whereabouts of the little girl.

We basically had sniffer dogs out for her.

Emilie's mother would occasionally walk into the meeting, with food and drinks, but I doubt that was the reason she would constantly be interrupting the meetings—she wanted to know if we knew any new information about her daughter.

She also gave us a vase filled with yellow roses and it felt as if the roses were pushing us to try harder into finding her—and that we will.

I sat here, listening to everyone speak while I held a yellow rose in my hand. My fingers running through the layers of petals. Beside me sat Hayden, who felt leaning over to me slightly to see what I was doing.

"Listen to the meeting Hayden," I muttered only loud enough for him as I glancing back up to Jared and then back at the yellow rose, my eyes blurring as I zoned out.

"You listen to the meeting." He retorted.

"I'm multitasking," I quietly spoke, praying not to interrupt the meeting with our silent bickering. "Now, go away," I whispered, turning to him.

"But I want to ask you a question," I rolled my eyes, leaning on my chair as I placed the rose back on the table in front of me. I turned my head to Hayden.

"It is not the time nor is it the place to play twenty-one questions." I deadpanned. "Now, pay attention we have a seven-year-old to rescue." I pointed out, before looking away from him again as I attempted to give Jared my full attention.

Attempted.

Hayden didn't stop badging me throughout the meeting, occasionally prodding my life and kicking my ankle lightly to get my attention.

In a pit of irritation, my hand flew to his leg to fell next to mine and plunged my claws into his right thigh. Beside me, I noticed how he held himself with class as he held in a whine and a growl, slightly doubling over however covered it by making it seem that he was simply leaning toward for a second.

"I swear to God—"

"Don't do that, that's rude." He joked, wincing slightly as I tightened my grip on his thigh—my claws still dancing in his leg.

"—If you don't shut up I will happily rip your tongue out of your head. Try chatting shit then." I threatened, narrowing my eyes before pulling my claws out swiftly, wiping on his shorts before retracting them back in my nail beds.

"I just wanted to know what your favourite flower was." He pouted like a child, crossing his arms over his chest as he leaned back on his chair.

My wolf snarled at me for being so horrid to Hayden but really what did he expect? This wasn't the greatest place—a meeting for a kidnapped child—to attempt to get to know me. I inwardly rolled my eyes.

Suddenly, two pack trackers barged through the door—both of them rapidly breathing.

"We got her scent!"

That sent everyone into action rapidly, people going all different directions. Soon after we found out where Emilie was being held, Jared had ordered all warriors to be ready to tomorrow as after sunset, we would be attacking.

After the meeting ended, everyone was making their way out— all going to get ready for the attack—when Hayden grabbed me by the arm, pulling me back.

"What?" I yapped, ripping my arm out of his grasp. He got way too comfortable doing the same thing to get my attention—soon enough my arm would have his imprint on it.

"You can't go to the attack." I furrowed my brows at him, tilting my head before letting out a dry laugh.

"When did you get a say in what I do?" Hayden narrowed his eyes at me, my wolf cowering slightly however I held my own. He wasn't going to stop me from going to the attack—he had no right.

"I just don't want you to get hurt."

I rolled my eyes at him. "I'm not going to get hurt. I was fine without you here, you aren't going to stop me from helping this little girl."

"Rees—" I stopped him, placing my hand gently on his arm—a spark running through my wolf and causing her to yip and purr.

"I'll be fine." Hayden sighed, quick to give up. I could tell that he was fighting himself on the inside, but he knew that he couldn't push me into something I didn't want.

I gave him a small smile before letting go and walking towards the door, leaving him in the room.

Before I completely left, I stopped. I kept my body straight, however, turned my head to face Hayden, who looked at me confused as he stopped in his tracks.

"Lilies." His brows furrowed further in confusion.

"What?"

"Lilies are my favourite flowers."