Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

My eyes flickered open, the first I see are lights that instantly blind me as I try to see. I flinch away from the light, squeezing my eyes shut from the sudden shine. By my left, I heard movement.

"She's awake," I heard a familiar voice speak up, soon greeted by more rustling around the entire room. "Reese?" I heard a hand touch mine as I attempted to flicker my eyes open again. This time I was slow with it, peeking through the bright lights.

In front of me was Mace, who had his hand placed on mine as he looked nervously over at me—his face laced with worry. "Reese, how are you feeling?" Peeking around the room, I noticed how full the room actually was.

Surrounding me was Mace, Jared, Nicole, James, Kate, Millie, Lane and Hayden, various looks amongst them all.

"Oh my god Reese," Nicole pushed Mace out of the way, throwing her arms over me and taking me into a tight embrace. My brows almost automatically furrow as I awkwardly patting her on the back.

"What happened?" I spoke up after Nicole finally pulled away, backing into Jared's arms. Mace rubbed the back of his neck as he looked around. "Guys?" Everyone seemed to be quick, no one didn't want to say anything. "Guys, what the hell happened?" I sat up straight on the bed, pushing the covers off of me.

Mace and Jared tried to stop me, however, the covers were already off of me—my heart-stopping. The clothes I was wearing were red, covered completely in blood. I gasped, my hand automatically lifting to cover my mouth. I opened up at everyone in front of me.

"You went crazy," Lane was the one to break the silence. Everyone from the Golden Redemption pack within the room sent him a glare, with Nicole voicing her irritation. "What? You were going to lie to her or something?" Lane scoffed, rolling his eyes at everyone before looking back at me.

It was weird having Lane being the only one telling me the truth. "What are you going on about? What do you mean 'crazy'?" This time, Jared finally spoke up, clearing his throat;

"During the rogue attack today, your eyes went red and—"

"And you went crazy." Lane cut in, causing Nicole to slap his arm with a growl—no one interrupts her man. Lane narrowed his eyes at her for a millisecond before rolling his eyes again. "Stop wasting time." He pushed his way to the side of my bed and in seconds he was in front of me with his face inches from mine.

"You went crazy in the woods and killed every single rogue you got your eyes on and then you almost killed Natalia—again."

"Natalia?" My brows furrowed. "Why would I try to kill Natalia?" He gave me a pointed look which I brushed off.

"She ran to Hayden to see if he was okay and you went mental, almost ripped her head off like the five other rogues you did it too." Nicole piped up, her eyes flashing between Hayden and I.

I looked towards Hayden to see him looking back at me, a small smile on his face that made my wolf purr in delight. Before I could say another, Jared pushed forth.

"Now Reese, make sure you are alright and then we can all meet in my office." He cleared his throat, beginning to walk out to door with his mate on his arm. "You have to discuss the rogue attacks."

☽☾

Sat in Alpha Jared's office was myself, Mace, Nicole, Lane, Hayden, and sadly Natalia. My brows furrowed as I watched her inspect her manicure. Why was she even here? She wasn't a true Luna, nor was she a chosen Luna. Hayden had even told me myself that he hadn't marked her and she didn't hold the title of Luna, so why did she think she could sit here and listen to disclosed pack information?

And why was Hayden allowing her to do so?

Jared cleared his throat, sitting down in front of his desk with his mate sitting beside him, a seat for herself, before he began.

"It is clear to us now, that the rogues that attacked us earlier came for a reason.

It had been set up as a warning to the pack, it was clear by the way the rogues weren't trying to fight and soon were in hesitant with their movements. They were all young and untrained however an attack is an attack.

We fought, we won, but it won't be the first time." Everyone in the room had a hard look on their faces, the look of brave wolves because we all knew what that means. We were in a dangerous position.

Natalia huffed irritatingly, crossing her arms over her chest as she glanced over to Jared. "We came over for help from the rogues but looks like you have your own rogues to deal with. How are you planning to help us if you can't even help yourself? Your 'warrior' over here," She pointed towards me. "Almost killed me and if it wasn't me it could have been anyone from your pack. How do you expect to protect your own pack if you can't even control it properly." She snarled, narrowing her eyes at me while her words were directed to Jared.

From her side, Hayden growled lowly. "Stand down, Natalia."

I raised an eyebrow at the young she-wolf. "We are in a meeting and you want to have a playground fight?" I sighed, my head pulsing with mild irritation. I lifted my hand to my head in order to ease the pain I got from listening to this child yap day after day since the Midnight Forrest came. "Grow up." I groaned before looking back at Jared, giving him all my attention.

"Natalia," He turned his head to her, his eyes sparkled with irritation and anger as he looked upon the woman that couldn't keep her mouth shut. Day after day she was proving disrespectful—even to the Alpha of the pack willing to help them after a terrible ordeal. "Watch your words, just because you're the Luna of your pac—"

"She isn't a Luna." Hayden cut in, giving Natalia a quick glance before looking back at Jared. "I'm so sorry for her constant disrespect Alpha Jared, she will be punished for it." Both Jared and Nicole's eyes widened in shook, a quick glance shared amongst both of them.

Natalia gasped beside Hayden, slapping his arm. "Hayden!" He sharply turned to her, baring his teeth as he growled.

"Touch me again, and you'll lose that hand."

"Hayden—" She spoke, her voice small.

"You have no voice here, it's time for you to know your place." Her eyes widened and she reached for his arm however he moved away from her reach—his eyes almost like daggers as he stared down at her.

"You are no Luna, now get out."