Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen – HAYDEN'S POV

It has been three months. It has been three awful months without Reese.

We're not anywhere near finding her, and that is killing me.

I haven't killed Brock as I planned, I really wanted to though. Jared had to stop me from pursuing that idea. He said that if I killed Brock, then I would end up losing Reese forever whether we found her or not.

So, Brock is free. For now, at least.

"Hayden baby, why are you so stressed?" I raised an eyebrow at Natalia. It wowed me how insincere and thick this girl truly was. How could she ask me such a question after my own mate had been ripped away from me?

"Reese has been kidnapped, and you're asking me why I'm upset?"

"So what? It's not like she meant anything to you, right?" Natalia flipped her hair, it was clear how uninterested she was when it came to the topic of Reese. It riled both my wolf and I up completely.

"Reese is my mate, she means everything to me? I glared Natalia. She is a complete pain in my ass, I cursed myself for surrounding myself with her for years—maybe it was my punishment for treating Reese so harshly years ago.

"I thought I was your mate?" She whined like a child, tilted her head at me as she pushed out her bottom lip.

I scoffed, giving her a side-eye as I walked through my room. "You're nothing but a replacement, don't big yourself up like that. You will never be my mate."

"You don't mean that!" She was clearly hurt, moving to reach me however I quickly flinched away before she could make an impact. No way she was touching me.

"Actually, I do mean it!" I yelled at her, getting more and more angry and annoyed. How dare you think she could replace Reese's space in my heart with her? "You're a pathetic excuse for a werewolf. All you do is wait for people to the jobs for you! Never once have I seen you with dirt on your hands, never once have I seen you in combat at training! All you do at training is pick at your nails like the pathetic girl you are. You're barely a wolf.

You aren't worth calling a human even, because you'd do the same. You cower behind other people, then you push them around acting like you were born superior. But the bad news is, you weren't! You were born like the rest of us, thus you should be treated like the rest of us! Do your own dirty work, learn how to fight. Because of you, instead of being the 'Luna' to present yourself to be, you let almost all woman and children die while you screamed and locked yourself in the panic room. Yourself! And not anyone else!

You are a disgrace, and I have no idea why I chose you to cover the mistake I made years ago by rejecting Reese but I guess that was simply my punishment. You are nothing, and you need to finally learn that. You have no authority over anyone. You can't take care of yourself, let alone an entire pack. Oh, that's right you didn't and that's why - while I was killing myself on the battlefield for the safety of my pack - you hid by yourself and didn't care about anyone else!

We lost so much woman and children that day! Yes, we should have had more guards and safety within chambers but you had a chance to save all of those people, and prove yourself superior. But you aren't! You're a worthless, childish scum of a person. I would never consider you my mate, ever.

Reese is my mate, not you and don't you fucking forget it!" I growled, my face was no doubt red with rage as I screamed in Natalia's face—never had I felt such rage in my body as I did now.

Watching and listening to her verbally insult my mate, it boiled my blood up to an exploding point.

"But Hayd—"

"Get out." I narrowed my eyes at the she-wolf in front of me, however she didn't budge one bit. "Get the fuck out!" I roared, using my Alpha command in order to force her out, which did the trick as she scurried out in a hurry.

I rested my head on my pillow, breathing deeply. Why couldn't I say that years ago when I saw everything go wrong.

Why did I always protect Natalia from danger? Al she does is protect herself and no one else.

All I need right now, is Reese, but I can't have her.

Suddenly, Jared came rushing in my room.

"What is it, Jared?" I groaned, lifting myself up.

Jared must have ran a far bit as he was breathless, pausing to compose himself before she spoke.

"Reese."

"What? What about Reese?" I stood up straight, feeling bile fill my throat as my mind wandered to the worst scenarios possible.

Had something happened to her?

"We found her."