Chapter 9

~Michaela

~Preston's P.O.V.~ 

We had just gotten back to the room now, and the girls were getting all their stuff together. Just as they told us they'd see us tomorrow and were about to leave I caught Libby staring at me, waiting by the door for the other two who were giving hugs to everyone before they left. She seemed to have noticed that I saw, because she quickly turned her head. Why didn't she like me now? She seemed to like me before.. She talked about me a lot with the other two in her videos., but as soon as we meet in person, she doesn't? It didn't make sense.. 

"Bye!" Caitlin called out as they left, shutting the door behind them. 

Adam put a hand on my shoulder. "She'll come around. You heard her earlier. She said she didn't want to be with someone else yet, because of what happened with that one guy." 

"But I won't hurt her like he did.. I wouldn't ever do that. She seemed so interested in me before we met in person. As soon as we did, she's done everything to distance herself from me. " I sighed. 

He shrugged, now taking his hand off. "I don't know why.. I'm still going to go with what I said. I think she's just scared of being hurt again." 

Mitch and Quentin nodded in agreement. "I think Adam's right. But I think she'll come around eventually, like he said." Mitch stated. 

"I guess you guys could be right.." I sighed. "But I've never liked someone this much since Sara, and it's killing me that she doesn't seem to be interested whatsoever anymore." 

"I know. Don't worry though. I think it'll work out soon enough." Jason added. 

"Thanks guys. I feel a little bit better about this now I guess." I replied. 

"Anytime." Quentin said. 

~Michaela's P.O.V.~ 

"I don't understand how you like spaghetti so much." I stated, crinkling my nose in disgust. 

Libby just shook her said at me. "You're so weird. Do you like anything good?" 

"Probably not." I answered. 

She laughed, along with Caitlin who was already on her phone, probably talking to Mitch. 

"You can't last five minutes, can you?" I teased. She blushed, shrugging. 

"So what are you going to do about Preston?" I asked, now turning towards Libby. 

She sighed, playing with a string that hung loose from the end of her shirt. "I don't know. He's so nice, but I don't want to get hurt again.. Not after what happened with D'Angelo." 

"He doesn't seem like he'd be one to do that. He likes you way too much." I replied. 

She shrugged, frowning. "D'Angelo seemed nice too, at first. But he didn't end up that way. Preston could be just like that for all we know." 

"I guess." I sighed, "I just really don't think he'd do anything to hurt you. Preston's way to nice to do anything anyway. Besides, like I said, he likes you way too much." 

 "I feel really bad for not giving him a chance.. I really do. I just don't want to get hurt. I'm not ready to be with someone yet. Not after that." She replied. 

She and I both knew Preston wouldn't hurt her. I guess she was just worried though, and I could see why she was. I don't think I would be ready just yet either if it happened to me. I knew she'd be happy with Preston though, and that's all I wanted. My best friend to be happy with someone.

"It's late." Caitlin said, dropping the conversation at hand. "We should all get to bed." 

I nodded in agreement, climbing into bed, the others doing the same. I soon fell asleep with the thoughts of the next day bouncing around in my head.