12 | rents and dinners

Dedicated to the amazing
J. K. Rowling - for making me believe in magic

Someone fell on the ground in front of me, hard

Someone fell on the ground in front of me, hard. He quickly sat up and brushed away his  white blond hair that was shielding his eyes. Squinting at me through his glasses, he said ,"Well, hello there."

Stefan brushed past my shoulder and helped him up. "Hello to you too."

The blond guy grunted as took Stefan's hand and stood up. "Thanks, mate." He shuffled away to join his friends who were emiting catcalls.

Stefan grunted as he readjusted the bag over his shoulder. He took my hand, sending little shocks through my body, as we walked towards the semi detached house in front of us.

"I saw a flash of green just now," I said, looking up at my company.

"It must be my stunning eyes."

"Nope. It was all over your face." I touched his cheek lightly. "I think it was because of something called jealousy." I whispered the last word near his ear.

He laughed and pulled me forward. When we reached the front door, he pulled out a key and unlocked it. We walked past the cosy living room and up the stairs. He opened the first door and let me in.

It was a quaint little room, too small for two but I know I would have to share it with my roommate. The walls were painted a pale peach colour and the floors were the same laminated flooring as downstairs.

"It is lovely but you are yet to disclose how much I have to pay," I said, turning to look at Stefan who was just putting down the bags he was carrying.

"You don't have to pay a single penny for it. As we discussed, I would be the one taking care of the costs regarding your accommodation."

"Stefan..." I started.

He stopped me with a finger on my lips. "Not another word." He smiled before sliding off the backpack I was carrying and laying it alongside my other bags.

"I can't let you pay my rent every week for a whole year," I said.

He chuckled before saying, "No one graduates in a year, Snowflake. You would take at least three or four years."

"You are not paying four years of my rent."

He sighed and put his hands on both sides of my face. "I would much rather have this argument over a nice meal. Care to join me for dinner?"

My eyes fluttered shut. "Of course."

I felt his lips on my forehead. He pulled away moments later, one hand sliding down to my lower back.
"Would it qualify as a date?" He was hesitant, nervous.

I looked at him in surprise. "Do you want it to be?"

He ran his free hand through his hair. "I just thought... since you asked me to wait until college before asking you about this... and I didn't know how to.."

My heart skipped a beat as I thought of what he is actually trying to say. I took his hand in mine despite the fact that my palm was starting to sweat. "If you are asking me to be your girlfriend, then yes. If no, I just made this really weird."

To my relief, Stefan laughed and squeezed my hand. "I'll pick you up at seven. I know you would most probably be hungry by six."

I rolled my eyes but smiled. "See you later, boyfriend."

He kissed my hand in an old fashioned way before leaving. "Arrivederci, amore."

I was smiling the whole night. My heart was pounding in joy, my mind was swimming at the prospect of my new relationship and my body still tingled where Stefan had touched me.