2 | charm and beauty

Dedicated to my best friend,
Thivashine - for all the love and support she gives
{ thivashine2000 }

Dedicated to my best friend,Thivashine - for all the love and support she gives { thivashine2000 }

We were standing near Starbucks while we patiently waited for my friends to show up. Well, I waited patiently.

My mum was glancing at her watch every other minute then looking at me and shaking her head, her way of telling me without speaking that my friends are not punctual.

My sisters already had three fights in twenty minutes; one about who should be the one who gets my room when I leave to college (mind you, I have a year of high school left to finish), another about who started the argument (I was also involved in it) and the recent one about which friend of mine is the reason they are standing for almost half an hour (that I pretended not to hear as I knew the answer).

Five minutes to half past ten, a tall girl approached us, followed by a petite girl who was skipping our way and a stunning girl who turned heads when she walked.

I looked at my mum whose grumpy face immediately turned cheerful. "Hello, girls."

"Hello, auntie," they said in a chorus.

For the next few seconds we all just stood there while awkwardly looking at each others faces.

I broke the silence by saying, "Ma, why don't you take them," I gestured at my sisters, "to the toy store they wanted to go to?"

"Be careful. You can't trust anyone out here. Stay together," she said to all of us despite the fact that she was only looking at me.

Hallelujah, she took the hint.

I nodded then dragged my friends away. When we were on the escalator, Anne asked me, "Is your mum going to stay in the building or..."

"Don't get your hopes too high," I said to the Thai beauty with large, doe-like eyes and lush lips. She always dresses to impress and today was no exception. She was wearing a white cami-top and a coral-coloured skirt swished just above her knees, letting her long legs be exposed to the envious eyes of other females. Boys passing couldn't help but stare hopelessly at her.

"My mum will be near us but not too near that we would notice her. So, be on your best behaviour. I mean you, Brooke Lee. No flirting with random strangers," I said as we got off the escalator.

"Awww," Brooke pouted, her pink lips standing out from her pastel fair skin most Chinese people have, along with straight, black hair. She put her hands on her slim hips which were clad in dark skinny jeans. "That's the fun part."

"It's not so fun for my mum. She thinks that some guy is gonna charm us and kidnap us. She is right to be worry about you guys but me? No guy would even look at me, forget about kidnapping me. It would be a miracle if anyone even glances at me."

Brooke rolled her eyes. "Oh, Akansha."

Celeste let out a sigh and said, "You are pretty too, you know."

I scoffed. "Sure."

It was easy for her to say. Celeste Ho was the kind of girl women loved to envy. She was almost an adult yet she managed to preserve her exuberant youth. She was slim with an hourglass figure and her muscle definition was perfect. Not to mention the fact that she always radiated an intelligent beauty.

One thing I didn't know; today was going to be a day of miracles.