Chapter 23: The Request

I had a exciting night that night. Jasmine, I and the others had fun and we didn't even noticed that the sun was already up. Of course, we didn't go straight home when the party was over, we had a very fun road trip around the city. We ate at some local street stores and we literally bought everything that they can serve.

Yeah, I was really full that night. My tummy hurts so bad and I'm afraid I have to work out badly again.

Then the next morning, I had a terrible hang over.

But nothing can be happier than the feeling of being free.

Free to do everything.

Where your mind is open and you don't think of everyone else at that time. We even escaped Jasmine's bodyguards that are around us even when we're inside the club. We got away when the party is over and used the back door as the exit. They didn't see that one coming though.

Jasmine will be in so much trouble.

The next few days, I was in my office in the shop, typing something in my laptop when my phone started to ring. It was located in the other side of my desk.

I turned my swivel chair and checked who it was.

I saw that it was Cliff who is calling. At first, I was hesitating to answer but I think it's about time to talk to him.

"Hello?" I answered, massaging my temples.

"Wow, I'm surprised you still picked it up." The anger in his voice was really obvious. Jeez, I'm sure that he's frowning right now.

I couldn't speak for seconds knowing that he's angry at me. "Cliff—"

"You don't know how your words affected me, Ariana. I can't focused on my operations, I can't even eat knowing that you still have that grudge against me."

"Cliff, calm down." I exhaled.

"Calm down? That's the first thing you tell me."

Shit.

"Cliff, okay. I'm sorry." Now I do realised that there is part of my fault in this one. "I shouldn't burst out like that. This is your work and It was so childish of me to get angry at you over that."

"You just realised that?"

"I really am sorry." I murmured in a very apologetic voice. "Forgive me?"

I hear him take a very deep breath on the other line, crossing my fingers that he'll forgive me already. I hear there was a knock on my door but I didn't answer it yet because I want to hear what Cliff will say.

"Dammit. You know just one word from you and I will forgive you immediately." He sigh weakly. "I love you, Ariana. Always remember that."

A smile appears in my face and the huge weight in my heart has been lifted. "I knew you couldn't stay that angry at me." Then we both ended laughing at each other.

"You always use that as an advantage." He replied, huskily.

"Of course I do. That's the easiest way." I continued to tease him.

I heard him laugh a loud. I'm already missing this man. Why does he has to be a magnificent surgeon?! He won't have any time for me.

"Hey." The tone of his voice softened.

"What?"

"The wedding is still on, right?" He asked, sounding hopefully. "I'm sorry for not helping you arrange for it. I just want everything settled in my side before we start making plans for our day."