Chapter 21: Last Minute

"Hold on, you are going where?!" I nearly shout my lungs out as my voice echoed inside my car. I was actually having a conversation with Cliff on the other line but seems like I'm the only one whose making an effort on understanding things.

"Ariana, I have an operation to do in Morocco. The surgeons over there needed my help to do. I will only be gone for a week. It won't take that long though so lower your voice." He explained, sounding so irritated already.

"Cliff, we were together the whole morning and you didn't even mentioned that subject to me. What the hell." I was gripping the steering wheel tightly because I really might burst in anger.

I hear him sigh "I know. But that Draco in your apartment really pissed me off ."

"Oh so it's my fault now that you didn't say anything? Is that it?"

"What? No! It's that asshole's fucking fault." The anger in his voice is raging every time I mentioned Stephan.

"Language, Cliff." I hissed. "Dammit. Fine, just go to that fucking operation." That was the last thing I said before ending the call and threw my phone at the back of the car. I don't care if it crashed or what, I'm just so angry.

He already knows how much I hate it when he tells me something that is in the last minute. Especially when he is going out of the country without telling me. The last time he did that, we ended our relationship. Well, more like I ended it because I hate it when people hid things from me. But of course, we got back together the day he arrived back and nearly begged down on his knees so I could just forgive him.

Cliff and I had a lot of breakups in those two years. Most of our problems, time and country.

It's fine with me if he had to do his job all the time but even at normal days, he's usually out and he wouldn't even text me where he was or just inform me. I can't predict his schedules 

I don't even know if our wedding is still one. Since he proposed to me, I never heard from him if he had any plans about it. He never asked me if I was getting ready to look for a gown or something. He is simply not asking at all.

Dammit. He surely can make me so annoyed beyond than I ever been. 

Right now, I'm driving back to the condo from work. Because of Stephan's note, I have to close the shop early. Right now, it's almost 8 and I still have to get dressed for our dinner.

God, I'm hiding things from Cliff too so I don't have the reason to get angry at him when he's hiding things. Because I'm doing the exact same thing.

Jeez, I really do feel like I'm cheating on Cliff but I'm not.

When I was parking my car at the parking lot of the condo building, a familiar car was parked as well. Before I could get down, I already saw who it was.

No need to guess.

It's Stephan.

He was wearing a simple white printed shirt, a leather jacket and denim jeans paired with those expensive looking shoes.

I got down from the car and the slam of the door was the one that caught his attention.

"You're early or I'm just late." I murmured, burying my hands inside the pockets of my jacket because it's too cold outside.