Chapter 19: Long Time No See?

Oh God I'm screwed.

"Stephan?" I put up all my strength so I could just speak normally. I felt the familiar ache in my heart as it pound so fast.

Jeez, Stephan became more handsome and hotter in my eyes right now. His body became much broader and darn it, is this my consequence for hiding from him this past two years? If someone just told me then I shouldn't have ran away.

He became more irresistible.

"H-hi, how...how are you?" What am I a teenager? I feel like I'm talking to my crush.

Stephan's face remained calm yet his eyes holds coldness. He won't even smile or give me a hint if  he is angry at me at the moment. Which is I'm certain that he is. Well, he surely had many rights to be angry though.

But I don't think what I have done is betrayal. I mean, there is nothing going on between us.

"Better than ever." He replied, now I sense the darkness in his voice. He's angry for sure.

"Awesome. Um..." Okay this is really awkward. I should asked a better question.

"H-how did you know I'm here?" I asked, my feet stepping backwards little by little.

Stephan tilted his head and put one hand on his chin "Is that the right thing to say  to the man that you've been hiding for two years?"

Oh right.

"Um...long time no see?" Crap, I mentally slapped myself.

But that only made Stephan to look at me more darkly. I guess I had irritated him more. Way to go, Ariana. But darn, what should I say? He seems so angry to even hear my explanation.

"L-look, Stephan...I know what I have done is really immature and—"

"You look beautiful." He cut me off which caught me off guard.

Now, my eyebrow raised and looked at him weirdly "What?"

Stephan sigh and turned away, placing both of his arms on top of the table. Now I'm facing his back. He sipped his cup of coffee as he stare outside through the glass window. I believe I owe him an explanation.

I sat down on the chair in front of him and ready myself for the long explanation. Rubbing my hand, I confronted him. "Stephan."

"Is this your shop?" He cut me off again, his eyes roaming around the whole area of my shop.

I cleared my throat "Yeah."

"So I guess, you took my advice." He murmured, now his eyes stopped to mine.

A smile appeared from me "Yes, I did. I realised all you said to me were right. I have to step up and find my own."

"I'm surprised your parents let you."

"At first they were so shock and they even got angry at me because I disobeyed them but honestly...when I started telling them what I really want with confidence and determination, they let me." I started explaining. Well, it's all because of Stephan in the first place.

If I agreed on getting married to him because of my parents wishes, I must be so weak right now. One flick of my parents ' finger and I will obey like a puppet.