Chapter 8 - Goodbyes

Start from the beginning

“Babe, may sasabihin sana ako eh.”

“Hmmm?”

“Hindi. Wag nalang.” He told me while burying his face in my neck.

Lumayo ako sakanya and nagkunyaring nagalit. “Daniel Mondragon, ano ba yung gusto mong sabihin ha?”

He pulled me closer to him again and he kissed my forehead. “Just promise you’ll listen first. And don’t cry. Okay?”

Nag-nod naman ako as a sign of aproval. “Babe, ayoko ko sana pero my parents are going to send me to the US next week. They want me to study and continue our business there.” He hugged me tighter.

It was then when I realized that my eyes were starting to fill with tears. “K-kelan ka babalik?” Bigla nalang din nag break yung voice ko. I didn’t know why I acted like this. Hindi naman tama.

“Kaya ayoko sabihin sayo eh. Shhh. Don’t cry.”

I placed my hands behind his neck and rested my head on his chest. “You’re coming back r-right? H-how long are you going to stay there?”

“I don’t know how long. Pero it might take a couple of years or I might not come back. I’m really sorry.”

Napaiyak ako lalo nung sinabi niya na pwedeng hindi na siya bumalik. Aminado ako na I don’t have the right to react negatively since we’re not really together.

Bakit ganon? Kung kelan I gave a chance on trusting my heart to someone again, it just ended up into a sad ending. The first time I loved, he died. Now, he’s going to have to leave me.

He was trying to stop me from crying pero hindi ko maexplain kung bakit tuloy tuloy parin yung luha ko. Parang nung sinabi niya saakin yun, bigla nalang na-feel ko na magisa nanaman ako.

I just felt… hurt.

Daniel’s P.O.V.

She just cried herself to sleep habang nakahug parin saakin. I understand that she doesn’t want me to go. Kahit naman ako, ayoko eh. But there’s just somethings I really need to do.

She was hugging me like she doesn’t want me to let go. I was really hurt to see her cry. Based on the Tita Erika’s story, Rein is afraid that she might be forgotten by the people around her. She even tried to kill herself before.

Sabi ni Tita Erika, ngayon niya lang daw ulit nakita si Rein na masaya. I know na pag umalis ako, there might be a possibility na bumalik yung dating siya. Pero as much as possible, I don’t want that to happen to the girl I love.

[Flashback]

“You know Daniel, I’ve never seen my daughter that happy simula nung nawala si Michael sa buhay niya.”

“Tita, your daughter is really easy to love. She’s more than what every guy wants. She’s smart, beautiful, kind, understanding, loving. What more can I ask for?”

“Well, that’s because you brought her back. I just hope na magpatuloy na yan. Daniel, can I trust you?”

“Sure po Tita. Ano po ba yon?”

“My daughter’s heart has been broken before. She tried to kill herself kasi she was afraid that all of us would leave her. As you know, her father and I are not together anymore. Yes, your Tito Matteo loves her na parang totoong anak, but she won’t take that as her source of security. Your Tito Enzo naman, Rein’s dad, has been telling her na hindi mangyayari yon.”