xvi: the banquet part i

En başından başla

"that's a lie," changkyun whispered hanging his head.

"no it's not."

"yes it is."

"changkyun, i'm falling in love with you and you saying that it's not true won't change my mind."

"you can't...i can't...this just," changkyun sighed.

"changkyun," jooheon lifted his chin and gazed into his eyes.

the smaller boy's cheeks flushed, "stop saying my name like that."

"changkyun," jooheon smiled and pressed his lips against the other boy's ear, "i want to care for you, i want to hold your hand, i want to be with you when you're afraid, i want to cook for you, i want to love you more than anything, so won't you just let me."

jooheon pulled back when he felt something wet hit his skin. his eyes widened.

"baby," he gently caressed changkyun's cheeks, "why are you crying?"

changkyun couldn't even speak. he slid down the wall falling out of jooheon's grip,  his tears slipping down his face one after another. no one had ever said something like that to him before. no one had ever wanted to care for him that much. of course he had yeongja and hyungwon, but this, this was a whole different level of love.

no one had ever wanted to love lim changkyun.

not his parents. not his crushes. not the people who had crushes on him. not his one-night stands. not other students at school. no one.

jooheon was the first.

jooheon wanted to love him.

he hated him, but he wanted him so bad.

the masochistic desire had finally broken through the wall that changkyun had put up.

he didn't know how much longer he could keep on pushing the older boy away.

his mind slowly began spotting with black spots.

he felt his thoughts slowly going blank.

"well well well, what do we have here?"

jooheon glanced up at a lady who had just came through the door.

"i swear i can't leave this boy alone for one second."

she sighed and crouched down in front of the two boys.

changkyun sat unresponsive with tear-stained cheeks.

"what's your name boy?" the lady asked pressing the back of her palm to the frail-looking boy's forehead.

"jooheon, lee jooheon."

"hm. who are you to little changkyun here?"

"i'm his...friend."'

"pick him up, let's go upstairs. i'm not sure exactly what's wrong, i never am, but he just needs to lay down for awhile, this happens from time to time."

"oh."

jooheon had no idea what to do or say so he simply scooped changkyun into his arms bridal style. he held the younger boy close to his body and pressed a gentle kiss to his forehead.

"will he be okay?"

"of course dear."

they entered changkyun's large room and jooheon placed him down gently on the bed pulling a throw blanket over him.

"you stay here," the lady said, "i'll go get a glass of water. if he wakes up, ensure him he is safe and that everything is alright."

"of course."