Chapter Twenty-one

Start from the beginning

"Yeah. That would have made for an awkward ride home. So, thanks!" Stiles said sarcastically.

I turned back in my seat looking down at my hands, which were shaking erratically. I closed my eyes and held them against my chest. I tuned out the rest of their conversation as I tried to keep the control I had previously just held.

I didn't even realize that the van had stopped until I heard gunshots from outside the car. My eyes shot open and I looked over to see Braeden was gone.

I hurriedly opened the door and flung myself out of the van. My head turned to the right where I saw a Berserker towering over Derek. Braeden was shooting at it, though all it did was scare it away.

"Derek!" I yelled and ran over to his side where I grabbed onto him and helped him to the ground.

The first thing I saw was blood. Derek's blood on my hands. He must have been stabbed by the Berserker. Derek was groaned in pain, his eyes looking right into mine.

"I-I can help," I said quickly and bit into my wrist.

"N-no," Derek moved my wrist away from his mouth. "Your blood only works on humans. Besides, i'm okay."

"This wound looks pretty mortal to me, Derek," I argued.

"I-I'm okay..." he tried to smile but it was replaced by a pained expression. "I'll be okay."

"How bad is it?" Peter asked from behind me.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. Just get to Scott. Just find him. We'll be right behind you," his hand found it's way into Braedens.

"Go," he said, looking me right in the eyes. 

I shook my head, "Der-"

"Go!"

"I can't leave you like this," I said sadly

"I can't leave you like this," I said sadly. "I won't."

"Hey, hey," Derek looked over at Stiles as Liam and Malia ran in the church after Peter. "Save him."

Stiles had this look of shock as he stared down at Derek but he nodded.

"Take her with you. Keep her safe, protect her," Derek said referring to me.

"N-no. I can't leave you," I could feel Stiles's arms wrap around me, pulling me up to my feet.

"C'mon, we have to save our friends," Stiles whispered in my ear.

I took one last look over my shoulder, trying my best not to cry. I have to be strong, for Derek.

I had to believe that he would be okay. There was no telling what has happened to Scott and Kira. If I losed anyone else I cared about, I would lose my mind.

Stiles held on tightly to my hand as he pulled me along behind him, running through tight spaces, turning sharp corners over and over again. This place was like a freaking maze.