Chapter Five

"Of course you're still the team captain." Stiles droned out as I followed behind him and Scott.

"You were the team captain? That's awesome, Scotty." I said happily as patted his back.

"He is the team captain. You got your grades up just like coach told you to, right?"

"Yeah, but he never told me I was back on the team. He just told me to show up at try outs today." Scott said.

The both of them stopped in front of the bleachers, giving me a chance to sit down since I can't really go on the field. I'm just here to watch them practice.

"We got bigger things to deal with anyway. Did you tell Argent yet?" Stiles asked Scott.

"Ah, I texted him but he didn't get back to me."

I stood up confused, staring at Scott. "You told him his sister Kate came back from the dead over a text?"

Scott looked back and forth to me and Stiles. "I didn't really have the money to call France."

Stiles nodded understandingly, "Yeah, you think you got money problems? Try paying for an MRI and a visit to Eichen House."

"Another notice?" I ask, placing my hand on Stiles's arm.

"Yeah, this one said 'Final'." He sighed. "Now, what the hell are we even doing here, anyway? We got, like, 117 million problems and worrying about our status on the lacrosse team is not one of them."

Scott's eyes traveled behind Stiles, widening in shock. "It is now."

Stiles and I both turned around to find three freshmen practicing. The one standing in the goal catching every, and I mean EVERY ball coming towards him.

"Damn." I said under my breath.

"Who the hell is that?" Stiles asked, his voice full of shock and annoyance.

The guy caught the last ball and pulled off his helmet. Is that what it's called? I don't know anything about lacrosse...

"Wow," I said smiling and shaking my head. For a freshman he is pretty cute.

"Are you staring at him?" Stiles asked looking down at me. "Stop staring at him."

I looked back up at Stiles and laughed. "He's cute."

He opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off. "I'm kidding, relax. I like you." I giggled and kissed his cheek.

"He's also really good." Scott said nervously.

"Yeah, maybe we should go practice a little bit." Stiles and Scott then ran off to the field.

Oh boy...

***

I was making my way towards my third period math class when I saw Malia step inside the classroom, and dip right back out. I rolled my eyes and gave a heavy sigh, making my way over to her. I grabbed her by the shoulders and lead her back into the classroom.

"I hate math," she said as I guided her to her seat. "It's pointless,"

"It's school," I said, noticing that Stiles and Lydia were already in their seats. "It's important, and essential."

"To what?" She asked, holding her books to her chest as I sat down across from her and in front of Stiles.

"Knowing how much to tip at restaurants," said Stiles, giving her a nod and a wink.

I turned around, giving him a look. Tipping? Really?

"And less important things," spoke Lydia, giving Stiles a similar look. "Like medicine, economics, engineering."