Fallen For You: For Dragonheart89

Fallen For You

For Dragonheart89

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are both 15

******************

Peace with the dragons had not been long since made, but most of the village could no longer imagine life without their new and loyal best friends, including yourself.

Thanks to the runt of Berk, you met your best friend, and was brave enough to confront her. Even if you've barely known each other more than seven months, you would die of heartbreak if she left.

So here you flew, sitting on your best friend's saddle covered back. She let her tongue hang out of her mouth with joy. The sky was your favorite place to be. The sky was the one place you felt all your burdens slip away.

"Yeah! Go, (D/N)! Go!" you shouted, pumping your fists into the air. "Faster, girl!" You spread out your arms, raised your chin, laid your eyes at rest, and breathed. The wind sent small tingles wherever it hit your skin. You were used to it and never felt the cold. The air slipped passed you, dragging your fears and self-doubt along with it. A warm feeling spread from within your chest. A feeling of freedom you only felt while in the arms of the sky and clouds.

(D/N) glided higher through the sky. You peaked your eyes open at the subtle but sudden change. The clouds could now flow through your fingers. All you had to do was reach a few inches higher.

You did just that.

You raised your arms higher above your head. The moisture a significant difference from the bitter cold wind. You let Berk fade behind you, as if nothing tied you down to the ruthless island.

But something- more like someone- did.

The sky above Berk was nice, but a storm could be faintly seen a few miles out. If your eyes remained open, you'd see a black speck grow bigger with each passing second, then you'd see the rider above said dragon's back.

While your eyes remained shut, his stayed open, watching you long before y'all met up. He would have waited for you to fly up to him then follow you. He loved spending time with you, especially when you were in the skies. You were always happier when the problems of the ground were far away. Sadly, he carried an important message this time.

"(N/N)!" he called, before a collision could have taken place. Startled, you slowed (D/N) and opened your eyes, seeing Hiccup, the runt (or now pride) of Berk flying in front of you. He didn't turn around, but informed you of what was soon to come. "There's a storm! Headed right for Berk! We better get back right away!"

You nodded. "Alright. I will soon. You head back without me. Oh, Hiccup?"

"Yes?"

"Can I spend the storm at your place again? Please?" You followed his lead and returned back to flying over the island.

He smiled but warned, "Of course. Hurry, though. The storm is closing in quickly."

"I will. I'm just going to circle the island."

"Great. I'm gonna go warn the village."

"Alright. See you soon!"

"See you soon!" he agreed, taking off.

You smiled and raced time. You had circled half of the island by the time the storm hit. You never even saw it coming. One second the skies were peaceful and the next (D/N) could barely keep herself in the air.

You headed for the shortest path to Berk, having to still go around Berk's mountain. The storm hit a pile of snow and ice just right making an, "Avalanche! Hurry, (D/N)!"