"I may not know much about relationships, but I do know they're based on trust."

Start from the beginning

“I had nothing better to do and I knew you’d be bored up there so I decided to save you.” He brought a hand to his chest in pride while winking.

“So now I have to thank you?” I cocked a brow, staring into his beautiful mocha eyes that were now only illuminated by the dim light coming from the lit up room.

“A kiss will be enough.” He smirked, leaning down to gently press his lips to mine. I stood still, fighting against the urge to kiss back until he groaned, pulling me closer by the waist and I gave in. Don’t blame me.                                          

“Hmm, cherry.” He licked his lips after we pulled away, savoring my lip-gloss. “By the way, I like how that dress looks on you.” He bit his lip sexily, trailing his hand up and down my left side. As expected, I blushed stupidly.

“You know you could get in trouble for being here, right? This building is full of policemen.” I let Justin walk me to the room at the end of the corridor, where I had to squint my eyes to adjust them to the sudden light.

He shrugged. Of course he wouldn’t care. “There’s no one in the basement at this time.”

I stole a glance at my watch to see it was already 10 pm. “How do you know?”

“Well, there’re not many people training at the shooting range when there’s a party going on upstairs.” He grinned mysteriously.

“What do you mea—“ Justin placed both his hands on my shoulders, making my feet rotate to face the shooting range. It was like those ones in the movies where there were booths separated by walls and some dummies placed against the wall to practice. I looked at Justin bewildered.

“How did you know about this?” I’ve been in this building with my dad a thousand times before and I’ve never seen this place. Come to think of it, he never let me go close to a gun.

“I have my ways.” Justin shrugged again, shooting me a wink and strolling to a wall where some guns in different shapes and sizes hung in hooks. I walked after him, glancing around in some kind of trance. I felt like I was illegally sneaking in here, just as if we were two fugitives in a film.

Suddenly, Justin turned around and aimed a gun at my head. “What the hell?” I screamed, clutching my chest with my hand.

“Calm down, it’s not loaded.” Justin chuckled and I sent him a glare as if to dare him to start laughing at me again. He curled his lips inside his mouth and started roaming around the L shaped room like he was searching for something.

“What are you doing?”

“Looking for bullets.” He replied like it was the most normal thing in the world.

I gaped. “We shouldn’t be here, let alone start using the guns. Someone will notice.” I bit my lip in worry while Justin kept opening drawers and boxes until he seemed to find something useful.

He stood up with the gun in one of his hands and a small packet of bullets in the other. He must have noticed my terrified expression because he sighed and came towards me. I stepped back out of reflex.

“Baby, you need to loosen up a bit. Stop being such a goody-two-shoes.” He shook his head, walking to the nearest booth and loading the gun he had taken, the sound of bullets clicking once they were secured inside.

A gasp escaped my lips. “I think I’ve already proved I’m not a goody-two-shoes enough times.” I scoffed, thinking back to all the times I’ve lied, sneaked out and made out with Justin, along with the party, disobeying my parents and getting shit-faced drunk. If that’s not enough, then I don’t know what else I can do.