"Wait, you know him?"

Justin

“I hate the subway.” Jaxon whined folding his little arms across his chest and frowning.

I couldn’t help but laugh. “I know, but we’ll be home soon.”

“Don’t lie. Mom says it’s not good.” I felt stupid with my little brother scolding me.

“Look Jaxon, we only have around 20 minutes left.” I sighed, adjusting his sports bag between my legs.

“If you had been nice with Brooke, she would have taken us home.” He sent me a death glare but he still looked cute. What? I have a soft spot for my siblings.

“It’s complicated.” I sighed again, running a hand trough my hair.

“No, it’s not.”

“Yes it is. You’re young, you don’t understand it. Brooklyn can’t come to our neighborhood. It’s not safe for her…and her car.”

“But nothing happened yesterday!” He threw his little arms in the air.

“Fortunately.” Not that I care about the chick, but I don’t go around wishing for people to suffer. And who knows what could happen to a girl like her in a neighborhood like mine. I bet she lives on the Upper-East Side or something.

“Why don’t you like her? She’s pretty.” He smiled while saying this. I guess he’s more like me than I thought.

“She’s alright.” I shrugged carelessly, looking at the walls outside the car passing by at full speed. I pretty much liked anything with boobs and a nice butt.

From the corner of my eye I saw Jaxon giggling.

“What?” I cracked a smile.

“Nothing.” He shrugged but kept his small brown eyes on mine.

“Stop looking at me like that kid.” I warned jokingly.

He laughed and I followed earning weird glares from the people around. Travelling in New York’s subway you think you’re used to seeing everything. And when I say everything I mean everything.

“C’mon Jaxo.” I used the nickname I had for my brother. “We’re here.”

He hopped off the seat he was sitting on and took my hand. Our house is just a couple of blocks away from the subway station so we just walked, enjoying the mid-September warm weather while he told me about his practice and how he had scored a goal.

“Yo, Bieber!” A voice called from the park near our block. The park where me and my friends usually spend our time at.

“Sup man? Let me just take Jaxo home and I’ll be back.” They nodded in my direction and I kept walking towards the door of my house.

I searched my pocket for my set of keys and unlocked the door, adjusting Jaxon’s bag on my shoulder. We went up the stairs like always – because we don’t have an elevator – and I left Jaxon home with my sister Jazmyn. You can think it’s tiring going up six floors every time you wanna go home but you get used to it.

“Jazmyn! I’m leaving. Jaxon is here, make sure he does his homework.” I yelled trough from the hall where I left Jaxon’s bag, hoping she’d hear me.

But I had no such luck. Growling I made my way to her room and opened without knocking. She was lying on her bed with her headphones on, music blasting so loud she should be deaf by now.

I came closer and disconnected the headphones from her iPod making her groan.

“What the fuck?” She screamed looking angrily at me. “Will you ever learn how to knock on my door?”