Chapter 38: All Aboard?

Zacznij od początku

The whole table was silent, and I looked at Mani and Ally to see if they're seeing what I was seeing, and when I saw their wide-eyed reactions, I knew I wasn't hallucinating.

Mila looked up at Lauren and both of them were smiling shyly at each other.

"What's up, nuggets?" Lauren looked at us and furrowed her eyebrows when she saw our mouths hanging open, "What?"

"Nothing." I said, trying to act nonchalant, while I feel Normani pinching my thigh, which I knew was because she was also wondering at what's happening and it meant that I better be swallowing my food quickly so we can talk about it in private and figure out what's happening. We already knew that asking Camren is useless, because these two are the wittiest duo I've ever met, and now that they seemed to be chummy chummy again, I'm sure there won't be any questions answered today that aren't in the form of sarcastic retorts and witty comebacks that we have to decipher.

I kept sneaking glances at the two in front of me. Lauren was separating the shrimps from her aglio olio pasta, while Camila kept on fidgeting as if someone's licking her buttcrack. Lauren laughed at something Mani said, while putting her shrimps on Camila's plate, as if out of habit.

"Here, Camz, your favorite." Lauren said, and this time, we all stared at her pointedly.

Even Camila seemed shocked. So shocked that she knocked over her plate and it landed upside down on the carpeted floor. Lauren laughed at Mila's pouting expression, I repeat, she laughed! Wait, no she giggled! Giggled like a damn kid high on sugar.

And I sat there looking at Mani, and then at Ally who seemed to be praising Jesus in her mind and singing gospel songs because she was simply radiating sunshine -- oh wait, no it's just the stupid sunlight from the big ass window.

What the heck happened last night, in between us watching Mila's video and today!?

Don't get me wrong, I'm the captain of this problematic ship and god knows how much I prayed for this moment: months of seeing these two ignore each other, which was already considered a good day, because if they weren't ignoring each other, it meant tension in the room. Most of the time it was Lauren who's bitchin' on Mila, but sometimes, Mila has her moments. I noticed that she gets salty everytime Lucy was around, but when I ask her about it, she acts puzzled and denies that she's jealous.

We tried everything to get them to reconsider things, but in the end, we know that it's gonna be up to them to realize that they are perfect for each other and that Camren is the realest ship ever. So what we did was maintain the peace, kept them from clawing at each other's faces, and wish upon the stars that they swallow their pride and just get back together.

And boy, I tried the hardest to push them back into each other's arms. Subtly reminding Lauren that Mila is one hot Cuban Mama and boys are drooling all over her, and if she doesn't suck it up and forgive my baby Chancho, then somebody might steal her away. I knew Mila won't ever, for as long as she can, get over Lauren so easily. Still, I act like there's some possible connection between Mila and Shawn, always shoving their ship to Lauser's face to wake her up.

Maybe my plan worked after all?

Because, this Camren moment is actually happening.

Of course, I had to capture this before it ends, and I'm so glad I have awesome reflexes so I was able to take a photo of them caught in that rare Camren moment: Lauren giggling, and Camila pouting as she stares at her food on the floor.

I was in heaven, and as captain of the Camren ship, I'm proud to say that you bishes better sit tight and stay aboard because soon we're gonna be sailing into the sunset straight into the kingdom of happily ever after.

And to those of you who ever doubted my ship, you can all kiss my flawless ass, I don't need you aboard my cruise ship and you can all stay in your little dinghy and I hope it has holes in it. And when the water is slowly sinking your tiny subpar boat, you best be thinking about why you have so easily given up on my Chancho and Ralph when it's the purest bond you could ever witness in your entire lifetime. You better not be scurrying your traitorous asses back to my ship coz boy imma be pushing you all overboard into the depths of the Pacific Ocean. After giving y'all some good ol' Poly beatdown, of course.

***

A/N:

A filler because I need a break from the previous chapters, it was kinda heavy for me, so I hope you missed reading Dinah's PoV. 😙

Dear non-CS, pls don't kill me. That last bit was purely Dinah's PoV. I think the other ships are cute too. 😅

I wanna say thank youu to everyone who takes their time to send me nice words, y'all are the best. I really really love reading you guys, pls don't stop! Lol.

🙌🏻🙏🏼 Comment and vote pls, you know I'm such a trash for feedbacks. Help me share my fic around if you think it's worth sharing, or follow me here or on:

Tumblr: problematic-camren
Twitter: uberWOmensch