Yearly check up ☺

One of my very first posts was made around Thanksgiving time, and as Thanksgiving just passed I felt it was appropriate to update you all on my progress.

But before I get into that, I would like to say thank you to everyone who has been reading these posts. There were times that I strongly considered shutting it down, but seeing just one encouraging comment kept me going. Thank you for your constant love, and support. I pray that these posts continue to motivate, and help you along this journey.

Now  we can talk about me ;)

The progress that I've (and by I, I actually mean God, my friends, and I) have made in this past year is i n c r e d i b l e.

Today marks my 125th consecutive day of not viewing pornography. Just a year ago I had trouble making it just 7 days sober, so to reach 125 days is truly amazing.

But don't let my previous statement fool you. Every day is still a battle, and each day I have to fight for victory.

Over this past year I've made a lot of mistakes, but it was through these mistakes I stumbled upon a lot of success.

I'm going to go into a slight analogy to help bring this home.

Before my brother enlisted in the army he was having a lot of difficulty deciding which army career he would pursue. I specifically remember him telling me about soldiers who were in charge of searching fields for mines prior to the platoon walking across it.

After doing a quick google search I came to the conclusion that these soldiers are called Explosive Ordinance Disposals (EOD) Specialist.

***If I'm wrong please have grace, and kindly correct me in the comment section :P ***

Now, picture me as an your EOD specialist.

Over this past year I've attempted to walk across the field known as pornography addiction multiple times, and unfortunately I've have been blown up a few LOT of times.

However, because I've been attempting to cross this very field multiple times I am very familiar with the nature of this mine-infested field. As a result of my experience and familiarity I've become a slight  expert, and have learned some tips and tricks to help you navigate these fields without  getting blown up.

I've decided to share some of the things I've found effective, and hopefully make your trip a little less explosive.

My plan is to create a mini-series out of the various navigation tips and tricks I've picked up this past year. My goal is to post at least one tip each week, so stay tuned, and fight on. X