Chapter 34 - HOME

Check the media.

Don't forget to check out 'My Hijab Story' to find out what you need to do to message me your hijab/jilbab/niqab stories so I can publish them!!! I can keep your usernames completely anonymous. :)

Time jump to four weeks later. We are imagining that Amir and Hira have already done the post-marriage deed and no scenes of that sort will occur in my story. They've left the hotel and have settled in their home with Amir's parents. It has been 4 weeks since their Walima which makes them married for about 2-3 months.

-4 weeks later-

"Hira, can you bring me my medication please?"

"Sure, baba." I said to baba Musab as I locked my phone and put it on the table beside me, walking down the hall to their room and taking his medication off his dresser.

I handed it to him. "I'll get you a glass of water." I said and he nodded as I walked to the kitchen, filling him a cup of water from the tap and handing it back to him.

He took his medication and I took his glass back to the kitchen, washing it along with the two other bowls and cutlery. I looked at the time on the wall clock, seeing that there was still another two hours for Amir to come home.

I walked back to the living room and sat on the couch, continuing to watch the Turkish soap opera that baba was watching.

"When did mama say she's coming?" I asked him.

"I'm not sure." He answered with a shrug. "Soon I assume."

I nodded and lay my chin on my hand.

I didn't like Turkish soap operas. My own parents would also watch them as well but I found them way too dramatic and predictable.

I watched as the main character yelled at a man and read the subtitles to see what they were arguing about.

A missing man. Any bet they'd find him by the next episode and this episode would finish with something that suggested he was dead or something.

My phone rang on the table next to me and I looked at it to see Amir's name flashing on the screen. I smiled and answered.

"As salamu alaykum." I answered and he greeted me back asking me what I was doing.

"Watching a Turkish drama with your dad." I said asking him the same question.

He took a breath and then exhaled.

"At work obviously." He said before pausing. "There's an urgent package that needs to be delivered so..."

"You're going to be home late." I presumed.

He sighed. "I'm gonna be home late." He proved me right before continuing. "You guys eat without me." He said.

"Isn't there anyone else?" I asked him.

"It's paid, Hira." He said sounding half frustrated.

"Okay. See you whenever you get home then." I said before hanging up.