Chapter 24 - HOSPITAL

If ever any of you are going through a rough time...

SubhanAllah ❤️❤️❤️❤️

To the story..I hope you enjoy it. :)

::::

I waited for the voice on the other end. "Hira." She sobbed. It was Sophie.

"Sophia?" I said, my eyes wide. "What's wrong?!" My heart was racing in my chest as I held the phone to my ear with my shoulder and took the glass of water from Hassan, bringing it up to my mum's lips as she swallowed about two gulps before withdrawing.

"My mum." She cried hysterically. "My mum had a heart attack!"

My mouth dried and I felt my eyes watering as I listened to her words.

"H-Hira, please come!"

I licked my lips and spoke with a shaky voice, knowing I couldn't show her how upset I was for it would only make her feel worse.

"Where are you?" I asked, watching Hassan try and shake my mum with tears falling down his cheeks.

She gave me the name of the hospital and I shut the phone telling her I'd be there soon.

"Mama, where's baba?" I asked her as I dialled Waleed's number. My heart was pounding in my ears and I was trying really hard not to break down in tears.

She didn't answer.

Ya Rabb, please help my Aunt and protect her for the sake of her children. They don't have a father, they can't lose their mother already.

I gathered Hassan in my arms and rushed up the stairs as he snuggled into my shoulder. I felt his tears seep through my shirt.

"What's up?" Waleed asked as he answered.

"Waleed!" I shouted as I walked into my parents room hearing my dad in the shower. I put Hassan on the floor and pointed to the bathroom. "Go get baba, quick!" Hassan pulled open the door and called for my dad as the water stopped.

"Hira!? Hira, what's happening!?" I heard the sound of tyres screeching before Amir cursed.

"Waleed, it's aunt Paula." I cried as I sniffled. "She had a heart attack and mum's not well." I said, my dad emerged from the bathroom with a towel around his waist as he tried to calm Hassan down. I took Hassan from his arms and pointed downstairs. "Mum, baba. She's on the couch." I said and he quickly stepped past me running down the stairs. "Mama!" Hassan began crying loudly and my head pounded as I tried catching up to all the stimuli I was receiving from everywhere. I couldn't stay here and there was no way my mum was able to come to the hospital in that state. "I'm going to the state hospital." I said through hiccups to Waleed but he wasn't answering.