Chapter 37 - RESULTS

[[[[[ Media Section. ]]]]]

I told you it wouldn't be a long wait. :) enjoy my loves. ❤️ goodbye is soon.

"Amir, I'm so scared." I said as I bit at the tips of my fingers in nervousness.

"Relax, take deep breaths. Whatever happens, Allah willed for it to." He said with a smile. I looked at him and nodded with a small smile and repeated that to myself a couple times, my crossed legs bouncing up and down on the mattress as I looked at the laptop screen in front of us, watching the numbers count down until 8pm for the university exam results to be revealed.

My fingers started shaking slightly. Amir must've noticed. He seemed more worried about me than his results. It was beautiful. He was beautiful.

Everything about him was so beautiful to me and I still couldn't believe how I was blessed with him as my husband.

He reached over and held my hand in his, intertwining our fingers and squeezing, bringing my hand up to kiss the back of it.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you, too." I replied with a small smile, giving his hand a small squeeze back before looking at the screen once again.

I shut my eyes and breathed out of my mouth.

"30 seconds." Amir said, glancing from his laptop to mine.

"Bismillah." I spoke once the numbers reached zero.

"Ready." Amir said as we both moved our cursors to the refresh button with our free hand.

"Go." I said and we both clicked them, watching the screen turn blank before a loading circle appeared in the middle.

I don't know if he had squeezed my hand or not, but my blood circulation was about to cut off. To be honest, I think it was me who was squeezing so tightly.

Amir's page loaded first and I turned to see his results average written in blue at the top of the screen.

53.67.

"Nothing. As expected." He scoffed, not seeming the slightest bit worried or effected by it.

I leaned up and kissed his cheek. "I'm proud of you, Amir. Wallahi, you've improved so much in the past month."

"Thanks, babe." He said with a smile before his eyes drifted to my screen. I saw his mouth fall open, but it wasn't an amazed shock, it was more of a disappointed shock.

With the squeeze of his hand against my own, I swallowed the lump in my throat, knowing that it wasn't any good.

79.89.

I felt my shoulders slump in defeat as I looked at the mark.

The only university highlighted in all my preferences was a teaching course at a campus four hours away.

"I knew it." I whispered softly as Amir wrapped his arm over my shoulder and kissed the top of my head, his hand rubbing up and down my arm.

"Hey, hey, what'd I tell you? It's Allah's will. You can still do two years pre study and then apply for them again." He said trying his best to comfort me.

"There's only a 50% chance to get in like that." I said, shaking my head.

"So what? You'll make it! I know yo..."