It Begins

~A/N OKAYYYY so I want to make a serial thingie where I read your requests (hopefully) in the comments and write the next part regarding those. Whaddya think?

btw happy 'yay i'm back' day~

"I don't really know what to talk about, man," sighed Sean, leaning back in his chair.

"You nervous?" I asked, sipping on my coffee.

The cafe was weirdly lively at the early hour of 11 in the morning. Some girl at the counter was shouting at the barista for spelling her name wrong. I smiled. This would've annoyed me, but it's somehow weirdly calming.

"Well, you know," Sean put his elbows on the table and his eyes started nervously wandering about the cafe. "I don't think I can handle myself good enough in front of an interwiewer."

"You can handle yourself and make jokes in front of a few thousand people," I choked on the coffee.

"Oh come on," Sean sighed again, "I mean, I spend too much time collectively on Youtube and I don't want to always depend on the audience. I love them, but..."

"It's bound to end, huh," I added.

"I mean, yeah!" Sean nodded, "The demand won't always be this high, young people who watch me will grow up and out of the format. But will I be able to keep the so-called format interesting? There are only so many original jokes I can make-"

I laughed. Sean looked at me, confused.

"This- This is amazing, oh my god," I chuckled with my head on the table.

"What's so funny?" Sean pouted, sipping a bit of my coffee.

"God, I love you so much..." I wheezed and raised my head.

Sean was stupefied and incredibly puzzled with my behavior.

"SEAN, YOU'RE HAVING A MIDLIFE CRISIS!" I shouted. Everyone turned their heads to our table. Some smiled. I think I even heard someone say 'Dude, I told you relationships are weird'.

"Okay, that can't be," Sean shook his head, "I'm WAY past the appropriate age fotr that."

"Are you thinking of Dan's crisis? You're a late bloomer, chill. i mean, don't, you need to do something about it."

"Well, I'm not telling you to do something about your anxiety," the man flicked his hair off his forehead.

"Buuuuurn." I sipped on my coffee. "But really... okay, you can only live through it."

Sean sighed and lowered his head.

"I hope I'll be able to help you with that," I smiled, taking his hand.

He smiled at me and kissed the back of my hand.

"Oh, hey Sean." A female voice rang out.