Vinegar

"You are officially an idiot." I rubbed my nose in annoyance. Sean squirmed at the feeling of cold ice on his tongue.

"Why did you think drinking vinegar was a good idea?" I asked, scrolling through the search resultes on possible effects of vinegar burns.

"T'was an experiment..." He moaned, sucking onto the ice. "So what's my punishment?"

"Well, you're basically not gonna taste anything for about a week."

"At least I'm not dead." Sean chuckled, trying to laugh it off.

I closed the laptop and turned to him. His big blue eyes stared into mine. He squirmed again and swallowed the ice.

"I do kinda need you." I said.

Sean smiled and stood up from the couch. He began pacing around the room with an expression of deep thought on his face.

"I hope I don't ever kill myself."

That was too serious.

"I hope I will never be so traumatized or hurt to do that. Many people write to me about them feeling so depressed and sad and nobody deserves to feel like that. I would like to make every single person smile. I just... Care too much. I just want to help people and some don't appreciate that. It makes me sad that I seem too obnoxious to be even remotely ,otivational, but..."

He walked to the cupboard and took out a little blue velvet box.

"You know, I really hope to keep you happy with me. I want us to... Just... gah." He sighed.

Sean came up to me and sat down. He opened the box.

No way. No.

"Hey, you really didn't have to. Vinegar shouldn't have brought up this topic. Sean-"

"Hey." He said seriously. "I care about you. I want you to care about me."

My answer was yes.

Sean hugged me and smiled happily. I ruffled his hair. He cares too much, huh...

"You really ARE an idiot."