Present

"Dumbass." I said for the thousandth time to him. Sean, quietly cursing under his breath, shook off snow from his jeans and responded angrily:

"Not my fault here! Ugh, jeans are wet now..."

"Normal people don't trip over snowdrifts." I said, sipping the coffee we bought at a small shop. Sean showed me that shop a while back, just when we first met, and it hasn't failed me since. Such a nice atmosphere there, and amazing coffee.

"I ain't normal!" Sean said proudly in his "southern american" accent.

"Don't say ain't. It sounds wrong," I responded, taking him by the arm. "Come on, let's go to the beach."

We walk off down the street, leaving footprints in the snow. It's Christmas Eve, I think. It's strange how I spent the last 22 or so Christmases with my family and rarely friends, and this year I'll spend it alone. Or... with him? I glanced at Sean, who is clearly enjoying himself. I know he loves the snow. I smile too.

The beach is right in front of us. The ocean is grey and calm.

"Let's go down there." Sean said leading me to the waves.

We both sit down on the snow. I shiver, despite having my giant red scarf on (that's the warmest one I had). I sip my coffee and smile. The warmth flows through my body.

"Hey, do you have a present for me?" I asked, not wanting to sit in silence.

He hesitated.

"It was supposed to be a videogame." he frowned.

"Sean, I DO like videogames, but it's probably a game that you want, like a shooter or something." I turned to him.

He sits there, furrowing his eyebrows. His bright blue eyes stare down into the snow.

"Hey, close your eyes." he said.

God, what will he do now. I close my eyes.

I feel his warm breath. It smells like... berries? Wow. Wait, he...

Sean leans in and plants a warm kiss on my lips.

I open my eyes in shock. He pulls away and smiles.

"That was my present."