This Was Never The Plan {Pt. 2}

~Authors Note!~ This one's a bit longer! Hope you like it^^

Is this really happening? I cannot believe this. For a long time I tried to prevent this from happening, really. I thought a situation like this one would never occur... again. I can't let go of such an amazing person as Sean. But... I guess he got tired of me. This DID happen again, huh. Will my depression take over this time?

A crucial question for a heartbroken person.

I stood up from the bed and slowly and shakily made my way to the window. Air. I need air. My heart hurt. Physically. Tears covered my eyes, eventually blinding me. At last. I reached the window.

We lived here together for more than a year now. In this cozy, warm, and quiet apartment on the second floor. Actually, it was never peaceful and silent here - Sean always made some noise and even his slightest movement sounded deafening like thunder to me. Or is it because I was alone for too long?

Does it even matter now?

All that matters is that he found someone. I hope they're happy together. I genuinely do. But...

How can I not regret?

Wow, too #deep. Goddamit, why does this always happen. I guess I'm just naturally very... philosophical? Huh. "Getting some air" definitely didn't help.

I took a deep breath. So... If Sean is at the hotel, then Mark should be as well. I should just call him and tell everything, or else I'm going to burst. I walked to the bed and kneeled before it.

I opened the laptop and scrolled through my contacts. Mom, Dad... There it is. The call went up.

Mark picked up fairly quickly. He looked at the webcam, beaming - clearly, he just got there. I shouldn't even tell him anything, that'll ruin his happiness.

"You did confront him, didn't you."

His deep bassy voice was the last drop. I burst into tears right there, without a second thought. Could I stop? Probably not. And I didn't even try. He sat there, silent, motionless, condescending.

"Don't look at me." I sobbed into my sleeve.

"Please don't cry. I can't stand seeing you like that."

I took fast shallow breaths trying to calm down. I had to. I couldn't disappoint Mark, he was too important. Finally, the tears stopped. I put my chi  on the bed and looked up at the webcam.

"Look, I understand how you feel," he said quietly. "I've been cheated on, y'know."

"I don't believe it. You're too good." I answered.

Mark chuckled.

"Even I wasn't good enough. But... You know what?" He paused. I smiled and shook my head.

"I'm sure it's not what you think it is."

"Well... You can't say for sure."

"I can. Trust me."

A few days passed after my talk with Mark. Sean and him were coming back tomorrow. Mark told me to stay home and calm down - so I did. It was very peaceful but at the same time I felt incredibly nervous. I didn't even know if Sean WAS coming back to the apartment. Mark reassured me that he was, but... irrational fears, I guess.

So I waited. And finally, that day came. My birthday. They always came back on my birthday.

My large family and some friends already congratulated me, my Facebook was slowly filling up, too. I was smiling the whole day. I set my highest record yet of 25 consecutive years without dying. And then the doorbell rang.

I approached the door slowly, my stomach wrenching and my hands nervously shaking. I turned the key in the lock and pulled the doorhandle.

"Hey." Sean said with a little smile, peeking out from behind the large potted plant he was holding.

I missed that. That small, tender, shining smile. It felt as if the whole damn room lit up just from Sean smiling. But he is gone now.

"Um... can I come in?" he asked.

"This IS your home, after all." I answered, moving out of the way.

Sean walked in, taking his travel bag inside. I closed the door behind him. Did he forget... my birthday?

"So... Here." Sean said, handing me a strange blue box.

I looked at him uncomprehendingly. Sean made a nervous expression. Still not saying anything, I opened the box. Inside was a small pendant with a purple stone on it.

"How... how much?" I asked, stuttering slightly.

"I can afford," he answered and I heard a smile in his voice. "And... I bought this."

I looked up and my jaw dropped. Sean was holding a floor-long dark blue dress. It shone in the sunlight from the window.

"I remembered your birthday. Don't you dare underestimate my dating skills," he smiled and whipped his grown out green hair from his face.

"You DID go out with that girl." I said, trying not to burst into tears.

"She helped me plan our date," he said confidently. "She payed for the dress and partially for the dinner we're gonna have in two hours. I even bought a suit for this occasion. Don't say no, I beg you. I love you and I want to spend this time with you."

I looked down again.

"Who is she?"

"Well," Sean began hesitantly, "She just said that she was just a well-doing girl. She said she wanted to make you happy "just this once"."

"Just this once? What the... Did she mention her name?" I began suspecting something. Could it be?..

"Um... I think it was Ashley... Yeah, right."

Ashley? THAT Ashley? If it is... she was a girl that liked me in highschool. Many people gave us both a lot of shit even though I didn't accept her feelings. Eventually she got tired of it and moved schools.

I walked to Sean and hugged him. He put his arms around my waist.

"You are an idiot," I said into his chest. "Explain everything to me. If it wasn't for Mark and, frankly, Ashley..."

"I would never cheat on you. Trust me, okay?"

"Okay."