Chapter 13

A/N: SURPRISE! Double update!

When we returned to the house, I was locked in a room and left alone for hours.

The room was one of the three in Kaden's hall, specifically the one to the right of his. It was the same color scheme as his, yet a little more colors shone through. The set up was the same, a large king bed with couches to the right. There was a shelf and a bathroom to the right, however instead of a balcony in here, there was just a long double window.

I had resided to grabbing one of the books that lay on the shelf, unwilling to let my thoughts take over my mind. I just needed an escape from today.

However, the book I found was little of an escape, for it was full of werewolves. I read though, because interestingly enough it had some information I might find useful.

For example, I found that werewolves don't actually eat humans, disregarding the rogues, and that the fucker Kaden was probably just messing with me.

Rogues apparently were lone wolves, those who were abandoned by their pack or choose to leave on their own. Not all of them were ruthless, human eating monsters, but a decent amount of them were.

After getting bored of the book, I tossed it aside and laid on the bed. It was almost as comfortable as Kaden's, except not quite. There was just something different, and I couldn't place my finger on it.

As the sky outside grew darker, and the moon began to ascend, I struggled to find peace in the darkness. Every once in a while I would catch my eyes drifting towards the door, anticipating something. What that something was, I wasn't quite sure.

The night seemed to drag on and I still couldn't find any comfort. I was really hot, my legs constricted under the thick material of the sweatpants. I quickly pulled them off, and tossed them to the floor. The feeling of the cool silk against my legs relieving some of uncomfortable warmth. I then slipped out of my bra, a sense of relief washing over me.

As I started to cool down, my thoughts began to wander. I was beginning to get really angry at Kaden for locking me up in here without a word. The asshole made out with me, then tossed me aside.

Maybe that was all I to him, forget the mate thing, which I still couldn't wrap around my mind. He probably just kidnapped me so he could have a toy to play around with without being known as the pack leader who bangs every girl in his posse. Even though my mind was spewing these things, my heart didn't believe it. The way he took possession of while we made out wasn't just toying around.

I'm jolted out of my thoughts as the door is pushed open. I quickly sit up and pull the blanket up with me, trying to hide the fact that I had discarded my sweatpants. Kaden steps into the room, eyes immediately zeroing in on me. His lips are curled into the faintest of smirks as he brings his eyes to my collarbone, where the skin is swollen and purple. I pull up the blanket up to cover it and glare at him, eyes defiant. I refuse to see through with his satisfaction.

"I brought you dinner," his eyes narrow at my gesture as he steps in, revealing a tray of heavenly smelling food. I wonder how late it was, I thought it was into the late hours of the night, but apparently time hadn't slipped by that fast.

"Oh, so you actually haven't forgotten about me?" I question voice sarcastic.

"Kitten, how could I ever forget about you?" He mocks, walking over to me. He takes a seat next to me, the bed dipping down. He places the tray on the nightstand, then slowly turns to face me.