Chapter 7

Natalia's POV

"Would you let me go?" I exclaimed, pounding my fist against his back.

"No, I like having your ass so close to my face," he told me, and I could feel the smirk on his face.

I blushed, feeling small butterflies erupt in my stomach.

Wait, hold up. Butterflies? I had a boyfriend for crying out loud!

"Well, I don't like having your ass in my face," I retorted, knowing it would anger him. For some reason, he seemed to get stung by my words easily, even though he pretended to mask it, I could see straight through him.

"Hmmm, correct me if I'm wrong, doll, but weren't you, not even five minutes ago, eyeing my body like it was a piece of candy you wanted to eat?" he said lowly, a chuckle following his words.

My blush went even darker as he said this, it was true. I'm pretty sure I looked like a tomato.

Pushing aside all my thoughts, I focused on one thing and one thing only: escape.

I was getting distracted. I needed to stay focused and I needed to figure out what I was going to do.

I could try kicking him again, punching his backside didn't seem to be getting anywhere. He hadn't even let out a wince.

I slowly began moving my leg, getting ready to knock it into him at full force, but his hand latched onto my foot, sensing what I was going to do.

"Don't," he warned, his voice dangerously low. "You've done enough."

I froze at the intensity of his voice, and almost winced at how tight he was holding onto my ankle.

"You don't get to tell me what to do," I shot back, regaining my composure.

He stopped abruptly, and I'm betting if I could see his eyes right now, they would look more black than blue.

I gasped as he dropped me, letting out a wince as my butt came into contact with the hard ground. I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to push away the pain shooting through my side.

"Look at me," he growled, and I could feel his harsh glare on me.

I slowly opened my eyes, and instead of being met with those mesmerizing blue eyes, I was staring into pits of darkness.

Holy shit. To say that I was scared right now would be an understatement.

He let out a dark, sinister chuckle, sensing my fear. "Maybe you're right, but I think it would be better if you did listen to me, doll. After all, I could just leave you in these woods alone. Maybe the wolves would enjoy a snack." (A/N: Before you jump to conclusions, he's just saying it to scare her. They don't eat humans, and even if they did she's the alpha's mate. They wouldn't.)

My body froze, the pain in my side forgotten. I shakily nodded my head and gulped, looking around. Where there really wolves around here?

"Let's go," he commanded, reaching his hand out for me to grab. I hesitantly put my hand in his, trying my best to ignore the pain that resurfaced in my side.

He grabbed my waist and pulled me in next to him, so that we were walking side by side, his hand wrapped around my body.

I was struggling not to scream out, he hand was gripping my right side firmly and I felt like I was going to collapse.

"H-hands off," I stuttered, grinding my teeth together. "You're hurting me." I breathed out, my eyes clamped shut. I was taking deep breaths now.

I felt his grip loosen on my side as he grabbed my shoulders. I opened my eyes, and almost gasped at the proximity of our faces. His eyes were raking up and down my body, appearing to look for damage.

"What's wrong?" he asked, his voice frantic. It was amazing how he could go from a monster to caring in a few seconds.

I bit my lip and looked down at my bare feet, unsure if I really wanted to show him.

"I-it's nothing," I finally say. I don't want him to see how weak I am, even though he probably already knows. Assuming he's the one who changed me.

"Fuck," he curses, pulling me even closer. "I forgot, your entire right rib is bruised." So, he was the one who changed me. I shudder.

"Let me see," he demands, and I slightly shake my head, who knows what he might do to me.

"Natalia," he growls, his voice growing rough. "I'm not going to hurt you." What a fucking liar, he already has.

However, not wanting to anger him further, I slowly grab the edge of my shirt and hitch it up my side.

A few profanities slip out of his mouth.

"It's worse than I remember, let's get you back to the house so the doctor can fix you up," he states, then looks into my eyes again. "Can you walk? Do you want me to carry you?" he asks me, worry lacing his tone.

I'm surprised at his genuine compassion. This didn't make any sense? Why was he so worried? Why did he care?

"I can walk," I say, looking away from his eyes. But honestly, the pain was reaching a high, and I felt like I was going to collapse.

"Okay," he trailed off, and I could tell he was questioning me. He gently grabbed my hand, and we began walking again.

I took slow deep breaths, willing myself not to cry out in pain each time I took a step.

Kaden senses my agony and stops in his tracks, giving me a look. I shoot him a small smile, but he rolls his eyes and picks me up. This time, bridal style.

A small breath of relief escapes me, and his lips curl up into a smirk as he looks down at me, eyebrows raised. I blush, and look away from his perfectly carved face.

The pain in my side slowly subsides as he breaks into a slow jog, his arms tightly wrapped around my body.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. A strong scent of pine trees and mint invading my nose. It's warm, and almost comforting. I let myself relax a little, leaning my head on Kaden's strong chest.

I'm so exhausted, I barely notice when we come to a stop. I struggle to open my eyes. The sun was slowly starting to rise in the sky, beams of light blurring my vision.

I needed to get away from here, but I was exhausted, mentally and physically.

"Take me home," the words fall softly from my lips, barely audible but he heard, and he slowly shook his head.

"Not a chance," he murmurs gently, walking inside the house.

A/N: sorry. I really do suck at updating.