T E N || Safe in His Arms

Back at the institute, Alec and Jace were beginning to grow agitated at their attempts to track the missing girls and their 'mundane' friend. "Whoever took Clary and Simon must be holding them over a body of water." The pair looked at each other in realization and huffed, knowing they were back at square one.

"That's why our Tracking rune won't work." Suddenly a ringing noise sounded from Clary's bag, Jace and Alec looked at the bag and walked towards the bag pulling out the phone. "Clary left her phone in her backpack."

"Hello?"

"Oh, I thought I'd never utter these words, but thank God it's you." Jace said, answering the phone to Simon.

"It's me, Simon."

"Where are you? Where's Clary?" Jace was rambling out questions one after the other, hoping that Simon would be able to answer all of them at once.

"I don't know, some Chinese restaurant, I think? This cop Alaric arrested us, but it was a total fake-out. Him and his buddy, they took us to their hangout and then they told Clary that they'll kill Adelaide if they don't find the Cup." Alec overheard the last part of the conversation, grabbing the phone from Jace in a blind panic, wanting to get Adelaide away from harm.

Alec put on a brave front as he spoke to Simon, trying to calm himself down as he spoke. "Just calm down, all right? Tell us what you see."

"Okay... Uh Uh, we're definitely on a pier, there's a ton of water. I see lockers and Oh,  I'm in some sort of torture chamber, there's claw marks all over the wall." Alec looked towards Jace with a knowing look.

"Werewolves." The pair looked at each other before Alec replied. "Okay, Simon, you need to get more specific, tell us what you see. Help us find you."

"There's nothing else that can help! Wait, hold on! Hold on. I'm at the Jade Wolf Chinese Restaurant on the pier at Greene St., they have really inexpensive cocktails. Please, just hurry."

"We're on our way, Simone; you need to create a diversion." Alec spoke as he, Izzy and Jace all began gathering weapons and walking out of the institute. "Stall them."

"How? All I have are clothes and a lighter."

"Start a fire, Simon." Izzy yelled over the phone, the boy rolled his eyes and laughed at the words of the girl.

"That never works! Have you ever seen an action movie?" Alec scoffed as he spoke one last time to Simon before hanging up.

"We're on our way."

--

"Would you let us go? Where's Simon?" Adelaide and Clary were yelling to the people outside, hoping one of them would finally let them go and then they could reunite with Simon.

"Keep your mouth shut!" Clary and Adelaide looked at each other recognizing the voice. Luke.

"I finally found you, Clary, Adelaide." Clary and Adelaide moved as far away as they could, Adelaide hated to be scared of Luke but she heard everything he said at the station, how could she trust him?

"You stay away from us!" Luke looked at the girls with sadness in his eyes, he seemed worried that he wouldn't be able to gain the trust of the two girls he holds so dearly again.

"Don't be afraid, please. I traced Alaric's car to the pier when he didn't return my calls, I'm here to help you." Adelaide saw that Luke didn't mean any harm but it still didn't make sense why he would say those things about Clary and her, like they meant nothing to him.