E I G H T || "Go ahead, Lightwood."

"Alec, lighten up." Adelaide could see Alec's growing frustration at the situation they were in, Clary's necklace had shown her an image of her mother who was with Valentine, she was alive but not conscious.

"I'm trying to get something we can use out of this." Adelaide pulled the Lightwood boy a few inches away from Clary to try and calm him down since he appeared to be getting more angry by the minute.

"Clary, what did you see, exactly?" Jace looked at Adelaide with a thankful face as she stepped into the interrogation trying to ease more information out of Clary but with a gentler approach than the one Alec had taken.

"Valentine has my mother, Addie. That's what I saw." She placed her hand on Clary's shoulder and pulled her into a hug to try calm her down as she seemed to be a word away from going into complete hysteria.

"Emotions are nothing but a distraction, you're ruled by them. We're taught to control them." Alec was thrown a glare by Adelaide as she detached herself from Clary to silently tell Alec to watch his tongue, he clearly understood the look as he moved back slightly dropping his head a fraction.

"And how is that working out for ya?" Clary was becoming bitter and impatient from all of Alec's remarks, Jace walked up behind Clary to show her some support while he eyed Alec trying to see what had gotten him so on edge.

"Hey, calm down both of you. Nothing is going to come out of the pair of you throwing scowls and bitchy remarks. So, Clary saw Valentine, other than the fact he has her Jocelyn, what's the big ordeal, Lightwood." Adelaide was now stood between her best friend and the raven haired boy trying to be a buffer to the venomous tones being thrown at one another.

"It is my job to protect the Institute," he looked at Adelaide as he spoke, this tone being the calmest one he spoke in since the whole conversation had started. "If Valentine can see in, that's a door I have to shut! Now let me take a look at that thing."

Alec placed his hand out in front of Jace in order to receive the necklace, Clary eyed him with anger  before looking over at Adelaide for a sign of what she should do, the Spencer girl was just as clueless about what should be happening as Clary was. Before either redhead had a moment to so much as open their mouths, Jace reluctantly placed the necklace into Alec's hand, knowing he would be the one to know what to do since he was in charge in this institute.

"Now, it's in the proper hands." He turned to walk out of the door, Adelaide and Clary's eyes both becoming wide in shock as he turned away from the three of them.

Clary looked at Jace and Adelaide before the two girls followed him out of the room. "Hey!"

"Alec where are you going?" Adelaide was now right by his side, looking up at him as she had to power walk to keep up with his large strides.

"To put this somewhere safe, where no one could be tempted to use it." He looked back at Clary with a knowing glance.

"We should use it." Izzy walked over to her brother looking at him, telling him that Jace was right, that she knew the necklace could be key to helping Clary reunite with her mother.

"Alec, we should use it to get to Valentine." Adelaide was the one to chime in this time, Alec eyes softened from their once hard gaze as his eyes fell on the strawberry blonde girl who was beside him.

Alec shook his head, his posture grew ridged as he spoke to Adelaide calmly, making sure that Clary and the others would hear to, he was hoping to reason with the hot headed bunch. "If I were Valentine, I'd make you think that you could rescue Jocelyn; then I'd lure Clary to me and leverage her life for the Cup."