S I X || Always worried

"Where the hell have you been? I've been worried sick, Addie." Jake stood in front of her with worry in his eyes as he pulled her up shaking her shoulders

"I was with Simon and Clary, we went on a camping trip."

"Why didn't you tell me? You missed 8 training sessions. You could have been attacked and you wouldn't have known what to do because you missed training."

Jake was always like an overprotective brother towards her, if she so much as missed one phone call he would track her iPhone and show up next to her within mere minutes. He always tried to stop her from talking to boys and would never allow boys to talk to her unless they were Simon because he knew he'd never hurt her.

"I'm sorry, I forgot; you really do need to stop worrying so much. You're getting stress wrinkles." Adelaide started rubbing the imaginary wrinkles from Jake's forehead, he swatted her hand away and straightened his deputy uniform out.

"Alright Addie, I should go I'm late for work."

--

"What do you mean you need my help?" Adelaide asked through the phone at the grumpy shadow hunter.

"Well, Clary seems to think you could be a good asset for us and what better way to find out then have you help us on a mission in search for Magnus Banes help?"

"So, what you mean to say dear Alec is you would like my help on one of those impossible missions I'm too young, naive and mundane for."

"You're insufferable! Just... Will you please help us, me."

"You're lucky the life of a college student is slow during the semester breaks, Lightwood."

--

"Keep your weapons ready. You don't know who or what could be here." Jace was first in the group to walk through the infamous Pandemonium club, Alec made sure that Adelaide was behind him but in front of Izzy to make sure she was guarded from all directions.

"Magnus." The group turned towards Jace as they heard him announce the entrance of the warlock.

"Clary Fairchild. You've grown into a beautiful young woman." His black nailed hands outstretched to move some of her hair back out of her face.

"Magnus Bane, so you're the one who stole my memories." Clary tried to look as though she was angry at the warlock but it failed as he moved closer to the group, Adelaide stood between Izzy and Alec, with a hand on Alec's left shoulder as she peered around him looking at the scene before her.

"At your mother's request, my dear and she knew the risk. Now, show me the jewelry, Shadowhunter."

"Give Clary back her memories, and you get the jewelry." Adelaide stepped around Alec and stood next to Clary, her stance more steady than Clary's and the tone more fierce allowing the warlock to know they meant business.

"Ah, a visionary. How lovely to meet you, but unfortunately I have to confirm it's authenticity. As a visionary you should know that I'm not going to run, I am a man of my word I will repay my debt."

"Amor verus numquam moritur - True love cannot die. Oh, how I've missed this jewel." Magnus looked at the fine piece of jewellery and smiled as though a wave of nostalgia hand washed over him, immersing him in all of the memories of the jewels past.

"Now, it's your turn to pay up." Jace stepped forward bruiting at Magnus like he truly believed his smoulder that made Clary weak at the knees would do the same thing for Magnus.

"I wish I could retrieve your memories, but I no longer have them; I fed them to a memory demon for safekeeping." He played with the necklace, fumbling it between his fingers.