F O U R || Vampires

"It's not safe here, we have to go back to the Institute right now." Alec stated grabbing Adelaide's arm and pulling her back towards the group. 

"So, what now? Valentine has my mom and Dot, and we're just gonna give up? What about my memories? They can't just be gone?" Clary clung onto Simon as he rubbed her back, trying to calm her down.

"There is another option."

"Don't even! Absolutely not."

"I'm not afraid of the Silent Brothers." Izzy added in.

"Who are the Silent Brothers?"

"They're Shadowhunters with superior powers, who possess the ability to recover memories." Jace informed the group.

"A process that can also kill you, so there's that." Alec interjected.

"Your bedside manner is abysmal." Adelaide and Simon spoke looking at the dark haired boy who shrugged with his usual grumpy face staring at the pair of them.

"We've broken at least 18 Clave rules and now you want to go to the City of Bones? There's no way. I won't allow it." Alec's arms were folded once again and he stood beside Jace in a stern manner.

"This isn't our choice to make. This is Clary's decision." All eyes turned to Clary at Jace's statement. Adelaide looked at her friend with disapproving eyes and shook her head.

"You can't ask her to do this. She doesn't know what she's facing. She's not prepared." Alec added, clearly on the same wave length as Adelaide.

"If anyone can tell me another way to recover my memories and still get the answers we need, I'm listening. That settles it." Clary walked back towards the van which had Rock Solid Panda and Champagne Enima spray painted on the side door.

---

"Wait here a minute. I wanna see if it's safe."

"Why are we doing this? We don't even know these people" Simon asked beside the two redheads, they were walking through a very run down space and it looked like a hideout for drug addicts.

"I just wish my mom had trusted me enough to tell me about all this" Clary said holding onto Adelaide's arm tightly.

"What is it? What's wrong? How are you not ultra freaked out by all of this?" Simon asked freaking out enough for all of the people present.

"I guess I just always felt like there was something missing. Some void I couldn't quite explain. Things are finally starting to make sense; none of it's gonna matter unless I get my mom back."

"You must want to help the girl, You have to understand, the Silent Brothers aren't like us." Alec directed his words towards Adelaide and Simon.

"They lack your charm and superior people skills? Yeah, most people do." Simon sassed back to him.

"Brothers communicate without using words, using just their thoughts, don't let their silence fool you. They'll hold the Soul-Sword to your head, and with its blade, carve the truth from your mind. If you're not strong enough, you will die."

"Clary, you should know, the pain will be excruciating. You don't have to do anything you don't want to."

"I'll do anything. Walk through fire, battle demons, whatever it takes. I have to get my mom back. I can't I won't lose her."

"You won't, we won't. I'm behind you in all of this." Adelaide said, hugging her friend tightly.

"I can do this."

"Yeah, you can. You're Clary freakin' Fray. You can do anything."

Simon went to follow Clary into the city of bones when Jace stopped Simon dead in his tracks.

"Let me guess. No mundanes allowed, just like in the training room, right? Wrong! I've seen every horror movie ever made and the funny best friend who gets left behind dead man."

"You're not that funny; but by all means, go ahead. Of course, the minute you enter, you'll die."

"I'll mind the mundane."

"Your sacrifice is noted, Izzy."

"Clary, you don't keep the Silent Brothers waiting." Jace said as he looked at the girl who was still beside her friends.

"You got this."

At Adelaide's words Clary followed Jace into The City Of Bones.

---

"Valentine is Clary's father."

"Wait a minute. You're telling me this girl shows up out of nowhere and she's Valentine's daughter? Did it occur to you that she might be a spy? This might be part of her plan?"

"That's enough, Alec."

"Do you think I planned for my mom to get kidnapped? Or or for Dot to be taken? Or to have a giant sword dangle over my head and find out that my father is one of the most dangerous people in the world?" She yelled at him, venting out all of her pent up rage.

"Wait, where's Simon?"

"I told him to stay in the van. When I got back he was gone." Izzy said worriedly.

"Ugh, these mundanes are killing me." Alec pulled Adelaide up off the floor and dragged her to follow the rest of the group.

"Simon?" Clary and Adelaide yelled looking around for their geeky friend."

"Simon! Is that the mundane's name? I'm afraid Simon's coming with us."

"No! No, he's not a part of this." Adelaide stepped forward towards the scene.

"It'll be my pleasure to kill you unless you return him." Jace added through gritted teeth.

"Careful, we'd be violating the Accords." Alec grabbed Jace's shoulder pulling him backwards"

"I'm afraid your sidekick's quite right. The Night Children have broken no laws. We're negotiating, the mundane, unharmed, in exchange for the Mortal Cup, the clock is ticking."

"Clary! Adelaide!" Simon's distressed tone cause Adelaide to shake, tears began to spring to her eyes and her heart stopped momentarily.

"Simon! No! Simon!"

Adelaide felt someone place a hand on her shoulder, she looked up to see the usual grumpy face of the Lightwood boy to see a look of sympathy. She stood there motionless as he rubbed up and down her arm, she looked over at Clary to see Jace doing the same thing.

Just like that, Simon disappeared from Adelaide's view, she watched her best friend get dragged away. It was the first time in years that she didn't have Simon glued to her side. He was like a brother to her.

Her brother was gone.