S E V E N || "I'm here, it's okay"

This is the final update of 2016, hope everyone had a great Christmas and have a wonderful New Year! - Beligerentbucky

"Okay, so how do we summon the memory demon?" Clary stepped forward from her new spot in the location, Adelaide was staring out the window, fascinated at the view of the city lights.

"Are you certain? Summoning such a powerful demon could be lethal."

"I'll do anything to save my mother. Where is the demon?" Clary's tone made Adelaide turn round in shock, she'd never seen so much determination in Clary, she was usually very laid back and followed a Que sera sera kind of motto.

"Okay, Pretty boy, get your team ready." Magnus moved his hand in the direction of Jace and Alec. Jace assuming everyone was madly in-love with him stepped forward in a cocky manner.

"You know what to do." As he went to pass Magnus he was stopped by the back of the warlocks hand.

"I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to you." This time Magnus' hand and gaze fell on Alec, Adelaide smirked and looked up at the Lightwood boy with raised eyebrows, Alec smiled knowing that for once he wasn't in Jace's shadow but played off the whole thing in front of Jace which made Adelaide smirk even more.

"Come with me." Magnus pulled Clary away, she gestured for Adelaide to come with her, so as she moved around the Lightwood boy she gave him a little nudge as well as a thumbs up.

Magnus placed a roll of chalks into Clary's hands, she looked at them with fascination "These chalks are beautiful, what are they for?"

"If a person wants their memories returned, they must draw the pentagram to summon the demon. i could walk you through it if you'd like."

"I've got this."

--

When the rest of the group joined Clary in the room, the pentagram was now drawn out onto the floor in a stunning piece of art that would put anyone to shame.

"Jocelyn was right, your artistry is beyond compare." Magnus said approaching Clary with the rest in tow, Alec was walking just ahead of Adelaide when she grasped his wrist in her hand and pulled him back towards her.

"Okay, we're ready."

"Everyone take your rightful place on the pentagram." Adelaide looked up at Alec who guided her to her place on the pentagram, he moved across and stood on the point beside her every now and then stealing a quick glance which he assumed went unnoticed but Isabelle had eyes like a hawk and saw each and every glance, linger and smile her brother made when looking at Adelaide.

"We must initiate a bond, once this bond is sealed, it cannot be broken until the demon retreats. No matter what happens, we must not let go of each others hands." Magnus gave Alec a flirtatious look and outstretched his hand towards him, Alec looked at it for a moment before taking it, it jolted the Lightwood boy as it connected the magic. Alec then placed his other hand in front of Adelaide and smiled at her which she returned as she held onto the larger hand, which once again jolted until all the hands were connected and all the magic was combined.

"I will lead the ceremony, and you all must do exactly as I say. The demon's name is Valak, at some point, he will ask for payment in exchange for Clary's memories."

"What do you mean? What kind of payment?" Jace seemed to be rather heated at the mention of a payment but Magnus shook off his abrupt tone.

"We will see. Let us begin." Magnus seemed to be speaking in some kind of a Latin script and while the group looked around Magnus remained controlled, Izzy's new necklace began to light up and pulse which caused the younger Lightwood sibling to become worried,