P R O L O G U E

He looked down at her as he walked past bumping her shoulder before grasping the seraph blade from Clary's touch.

"Mundanes cannot touch these. Too dangerous, they don't have the proper training."

"Look pretty boy, your best friend has already informed all of us that my best friend isn't a 'mundane' or whatever boring term you are using."

"Great, she talks too. What exactly might you be? You look like a dolled up rich girl without a brain."

"I'm actually a pathologist in training but I'm sorry if you don't understand what that is."

He looked at her with a glare of a uptight school girl who didn't get her morning Starbucks or a new car for her birthday.

"That didn't exactly explain what you are to me, Adelaide." His tone was bitter like a venomous snake.

"I'm something!" Adelaide yelled to the point where most shadowhunters in the institute looked to the commotion. This caused her to take a breath and compose herself.

"Look, I don't know why I'm here, or how I knew what was happening to Dot, but I'm not staying in this place any longer." Simon stood at her side before speaking in a calmer tone to the fiery red head.

"Clary, if you aren't coming with us, we're leaving without you."

Coming Soon