F I V E || "I love you"

In the day that Simon had been kidnapped and then rescued, Adelaide had to return home like her best friend hadn't just been taken by the evil version of the Cullen family. Adelaide didn't want to be seen near Luke so she avoided her training sessions with Jake and made sure to dress where not even her own mother wouldn't be seen.

While out she visited the library reading through any book she could which could try and explain to her what she was and anything about Luke, the vampires and the shadowhunters. So far all she found out was that werewolves cannot track or be tracked over water, light irritates vampires but most movies have already displayed this concept to her many times over and finally, the closest she got to knowing what she is was stumbling across the term visionary and seer. After reading all her brain could handle, she headed back to the institute to share the knowledge with Clary and Simon, maybe it would help the situation.

"Adelaide, you're back!" Simon hugged the red head as soon as she walked through the door, something about him was different. whether it was the dark circles under his eyes or the fact he wasn't wearing his glasses, she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

"What's up with you?"

"This place is slowly killing me, I want to go. Plus Jace is a total ass." As the two made it to the main room of the institute where all the weapons were kept, they saw the shelf which usually is hidden away was now open, and like kids in a candy store they ran towards them looking at them in wonder. In particular, Adelaide reached her hand out to touch the bow.

"Addy, you're back." Clary rushed over grabbing her in a hug, Clary joined the pair looking at the weapons, as she grabbed the seraph blade Alec walked in. Adelaide was the first to notice him walking over to them, he looked down at her as he walked past bumping her shoulder before grasping the seraph blade from Clary's touch.

"Mundanes cannot touch these. Too dangerous, if they don't have the proper training."

"Look pretty boy, your best friend has already informed all of us that my best friend isn't a 'mundane' or whatever boring term you are using."

"Great, she talks too. What exactly might you be to know this?"

"I'm a pathologist in training but I'm sorry if you don't understand what that is."

He looked at her with a glare of a uptight school girl who didn't get her morning Starbucks or a new car for her birthday. "That didn't exactly explain what you are to me, Adelaide." His tone was bitter like a venomous snake.

"I'm something!" Adelaide yelled to the point where most shadowhunters in the institute looked to the commotion. This caused her to take a breath and compose herself.

"Look, I don't know why I'm here, or how I knew what was happening to Dot, but I'm not staying in this place any longer." Simon stood at her side before speaking in a calmer tone to the fiery red head.

"If you haven't already completely drunk their Kool-Aid, - then you're coming with us."

"You guys know I can't."

"Yes, you can, it's... It's not safe here." Adelaide said grabbing Clary's hand in the same manner she always did when they never saw eye to eye.

"In fact, this is the safest place she could possibly be." Jace piped up joining the four of them.

"You don't get to talk to her, Captain America."

"Considering I'm the guy with the weapons, I get to say what I want." He stepped closer to Adelaide and Simon, he intended to threaten Simon only but his words worried Adelaide just the same.

"Come at me, bro!" 

"Oh, yeah?" He reached his hand out towards the collar of Simon's shirt but Adelaide grabbed it, twisting clockwise then pushing him with all her might which caused Jace to fly backwards a few feet.

"Hey, what is your problem?" Clary rushed to Jace's side giving her friends a death glare which would usually be found on the Lightwood boys face but the look on his face seemed to be astonishment and a bit of admiration.

"He's my problem! He's just like Kirk Duplesse from high school." Adelaide said slightly infuriated as she stepped towards the two shadowhunters.

"Do you remember him? Total jerk with the square jaw. Smelled like body spray, always bullying people. Why don't you do your own homework? Just once, yeah?" Adelaide and Alec looked at Simon amused at his slight tangent of an outburst.

"I can take care of myself, Simon. Also, you were kidnapped by vampires, okay? You of all people should know how dangerous it is out there."

"I'll be fine."

"Clary, we've had each other's backs our whole lives. We've never needed anyone. Let us help you, we don't need these people." Adelaide pleading tone told Alec it was best to leave the three friends alone, so he walked over to Jace and nodded for him to leave the room.

"Look guys, I don't know how to explain this, okay? But I think I think these are my people. I'm meant to be here with them, it's safer that way."

"Message received, loud and clear."

"Simon, wait! Adelaide, please!"

"Clary, if you aren't coming with us, we're leaving without you." Adelaide waited for Clary to say something but she never did, she looked to the floor and sighed. She swallowed the lump in her throat and linked her arm with Simon's signalling to leave the institute.

As they walked in silence, Adelaide felt like something wasn't right with their whole situation. "Simon?"

"Yeah."

"How does Clary think that that place is safe? Ever since we met them at that club, you've been kidnapped, I killed a bunch of people - or what I thought were people - by screaming. Clary's real father is a crazy mastermind and Jace basically wanted to strangle you."  By this point she had tears running down her cheeks, she was worried about Clary, not only for who she was trusting but for her safety.

"Hey, it's all going to be alright. We're going to be alright. This will all be over soon and you'll be a pathologist, I'll be a lawyer and Clary will be her artsy self in the Academy, we're going to be alright."

"How can you be so sure?"  Simon pulled her into a hug, her arms going under his as he placed one around her shoulders and the other in her hair.

"Because you've still got me, and I'm never going to leave you, Ad. I love you."

"I love you too."

---

Lowkey ship these two!