20. Player

"You woke me up for a bloody bridge grand reopening? Who in Odin's name does this for a bloody bridge?" Ragna huffed. The morning was still young and the dew laid on the grass. A small group gathered near the once nearly demolished bridge, welcoming it back into the town even after the morbid death of two.

"I've been conducting research," Rebekah informed her, "Some that might be an interest for you."

"I don't rely on other Rebekah," Ragna rolled her eyes, "I only trust myself."

"Well this is true," Rebekah said, "Trust me I wish it was not, but I wouldn't make it up."

"So this research brought us here?" Ragna asked looking around at the trees.

Rebekah nodded, "Important information regarding Klaus' and all of our lives."

"The white oak?" Ragna asked with raised eyebrows.

"Yes," she answered, "But we must not talk about it here."

"And why not?" Ragna demanded.

Rebekah walked away from Ragna and toward the familiar raven-haired vampire she was familiar with, but standing next to him was another red haired vampire Ragna also knew from a long time ago.

"Look what the cat dragged in," Rebekah smirked.

"Easy there, Rebekah," Damon grinned before turning to Ragna, "You know she use to beat men for sport."

"Great story, but what chapter do you shut the fuck up in?" Ragna glared at Damon.

Rebekah rolled her eyes, "She always was quite common."

"I know," Ragan replied eyeing her up and down.

"Rebekah. What a happy surprise," the red head said, "And what is your named?" she asked Ragna.

"Knowing who I am is a privilege. One that you have not yet earned." Ragna said.

"What are you doing here Sage?" Rebekah demanded.

"Well, I heard Finn was finally freed from that casket your rageaholic brother Klaus carted him around in," Sage answered.

Ragna remembered Sage from before Finn was incarcerated by Klaus, which was a few hundred years ago. Ragna remembered how they were in love, it made her sick. She also remembered how deceitful Sage was. Ragna would be the first in line to kill her.

"Mmm, Finn, you just missed him," Rebekah answered, "He left town and didn't tell a soul where he was going."

"He probably went looking for me," Sage said.

"Or quite possibly he forgot all about you," Ragna shrugged.

Sage eyed her up and down, "I doubt that."

"No? Cause he didn't seem to mention you. Sorry, you came all this way for nothing. Have a nice life." Ragna answered before leaving, Rebekah following in toe.

"Who is that bitch?" Ragna heard Sage ask Damon.

"She just kind of showed up one day nobody knows where she came from or what she is."

••••

Ragna watched Rebekah socialize with all the important people of the town, as Ragna browsed the crowd hearing for any information about the white oak tree, the one weapon that could destroy them all.

"Did I ever tell you you're sexy when you're bitchy?" Ragna heard Damon ask her in a low whisper behind her.

"Did I ever tell you that you're an annoying weasel?" Ragna asked looking over her shoulder at him.