05. Under Pressure

"How wonderful," Ragna mused, "The woods. I hate the woods, reminds me off the past."

Klaus wanted to speak but couldn't afraid of what Stefan may think. "You okay? Is Ray getting to heavy?" Klaus asked sarcastically.

"I'm fine," Stefan grunted."You sure about that?" Klaus asked, "You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down..."Stefan sighed, "You know, I get that we're, uh...we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great."

"So much brooding," Klaus noted, "Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend."

"He wasn't always like this," Ragna remarked, "He was once fun."

"Maybe it's 'cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer," Stefan said, not hearing Ragna.

"Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack," Klaus said stopping, "There." He said as he pointed to a clearing.

The trio stopped and looked on to the pack's camp.

"How cute," Ragna smiled, "Too bad it will soon be raining blood."

Stefan was the first to enter the camp, gaining attention from everyone. He threw Ray onto the groud and a women rushed over to the unconscious werewolf.

" Ray! Oh, my God!" the women exclaimed, "What's going on? Who are you?"

Klaus walked up next to Stefan as Ragna stayed back.

"The important question is who am I," Klaus said, "Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus."The women tensed, "You're the hybrid."

Klaus smiled maliciously, "You've heard of me. Fantastic."

••••

"It's fascinating, actually...A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun," Klaus said fashioning himself a seat, "A true hybrid."

Suddenly Ray woke with a large gasp of air.

"Excellent timing, Ray," Klaus smiled "Very dramatic."

"What's happening to me?" Ray feeling around his body.

"Stefan?" Klaus called.

"Are any of you human?" Stefan asked on the onlooking crowd, "Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die."

"Doesn't take much, just a sip," Klaus added on, "Anyone? A boyfriend, a girlfriend, along for the ride?"

"What about that one?" Ragna asked pointing to man cowering in the crowd.

Klaus smirked, "You!" He rushed over and bit into his forearm. Stefan grabbed him, throwing him in front of Ray. A women began to walk over in protest but Klaus reached around her throat, strangling the girl.

"If you don't drink it, Ray, I will," Stefan said, "Problem is I don't know how to stop."

Klaus looked at the girl, "It's the new order, sweetheart. You join us, or you die."

The women glared at Klaus, "I'd rather die than be a vampire."

Klaus sighed, "Wrong choice." He gave her his blood as Ray drank from the man.

Klaus smirked, "She'll thank me for that later." With a swift movement he twisted her neck, killing her.

"Okay, who's next?" Klaus asked, his eyes yellow and fangs out.