16. Bringing on the Heartache

"Wake up Ragna," Klaus said throwing open the blinds.

Ragna groaned at the sunlight, and flipped over so her back was facing it. She wasn't in the mood to be woken up, she wanted to be left alone for the day and not bothered with, just like last night.

"Why?" Ragna asked, "So you and your family can ignore my obvious presence again?"

Klaus rolled his eyes at her, "You're being over dramatic. They were too consumed with being reunited once again."

"Dramatics is a thing I picked up from you," Ragna smirked.

Klaus sat at the edge of her bed, "Rebekah went after Elena again."

"Let me guess," Ragna said into her pillow, "Another unfulfilled dagger threat."

Klaus remained silent, causing Ragna to laugh, "I know you all to well."

"Anyway," Klaus said, "Mother decided that she wants to through a party in honor of our family being reunited once more."

"A party?" Ragna jumped up from the bed, "Can I help plan it? I've been watching parties for 2,000 years. And I must say, it appears to me that frat parties are the most elegant."

"No, no, no, no," Klaus shook his head, "Not a frat party. No beer pong, no drugs, no loud music, and sweaty young adult bodies grinding up against one another."

Ragna frowned, "I mean technically, don't I get a party? A 'you're now visible to the world party'?" 

"No,'" Klaus answered, "It's a ball."

"A ball?" Ragna asked, "Like a total formal ball?"

Klaus nodded, "It's the only thing half of my family knows."

"So, it's just you guys?" Ragna asked.

"No the entire town," Klaus told her.

"And do you really think people in this town will just casually have long formal dresses stored up?" Ragna asked, "If you think they do, maybe you really do need to go to a physic ward."

"Well I know I provided one dress," Klaus muttered.

"Who?" Ragna asked with a confused expression.

"Caroline," Klaus said in a duh tone, "I invited her to be my date."

Ragna's stomach dropped to the floor and her face fell, she could feel it and knew Klaus could see it, but he did nothing. She knew she shouldn't be jealous because she had the opportunity to be in Caroline's place, but she rejected him over and over again, just because she was too stubborn. She lost her opportunity and know she knew she had no chance of gaining it back, just because she didn't want to appear foolish to Klaus, just because she didn't want to be seen as a weakling who falls head over heels in love. She was too worried about causing havoc on everyone in her life, she forgot about making herself happy.

"Great," Ragna muttered. "What about me? Do you suppose I want to go by myself?"

"You made the decision," Klaus said lowly, "You had the opportunity."

"And I don't regret it," Ragna smirked making Klaus frown. She jumped up from the bed and to the large walk in closet, looking for an outfit to introduce herself in.

"What are you doing?" Klaus questioned.

"Getting dressed," she called in from the closet.

"You don't have any clothing," Klaus said to her.

Ragna frowned, "Well I guess, I'm going to have to change that."

••••