02. True Nature

It was the day of the ritual, Ragna helped Klaus get everything he needed, his werewolf, the doppelgänger, and even suggested turning Elena's aunt into a vampire to use her. Klaus loved the idea, it gave him even more leverage and showed them who was in charge.

"Are you ready?" Ragna asked Klaus.

He jumped before answering, "I'm still not use to you just appearing."

Ragna smirked, "I'm not use to be seen."

"You're only seen by me," Klaus reminded her.

"It's better than not being seen at all," Ragna said to him.

"I suppose," Klaus muttered.

"Are you nervous?" Ragna asked, changing the subject.

Klaus smirked, Not at all. I waited 500 years for this. I can't wait a moment longer."

Before becoming a vampire, Klaus was a werewolf and a curse was placed on him to hide his werewolf side, it could only be broken with the moonstone, vampire blood, werewolf, blood, and the blood of the Petrova doppelgänger. The last doppelgänger was Katherine, 500 years ago. Klaus had almost broke the curse, but she killed herself, also becoming a vampire. But now he had Elena, the next doppelgänger to break the curse.

Ragna smiled and reached for his shoulder in an encouraging way, but her hand went right through his arm. Ragna's cheeks flushed in embarrassment, "Sorry."

Klaus smiled sadly at her, "After this, I'll help you find answers."

Ragna smiled, "Let's take care of you first."

••••

Klaus and Ragna walked into the woods, the only light was the three rings of fire containing the vampire, the werewolf, and the doppelgänger. Greta stood off the side, waiting for Klaus' arrival.

"Glad to know I still have a dance partner," Klaus smirked at his remaining witch.

Ragna looked at the three terrified women, "Hello, lovelies. How are we?"

Klaus smiled at Ragna before reaching into his pocket to pull the moonstone out. "I've got the moonstone. I spent 500 years looking for this. I hate to part with it."

Greta took the moonstone, looking up to the sky.

"The moon has passed its apex," Greta said, "Remember everything you need to do?"

"I remember."

Ragna watched as Greta dropped the stone bowl filled with flames. Sparkles flew high as the moonstone was destroyed. Greta began to chant the spell, and Klaus approached the rings of fire, first to Jules. She was laying on the ground, moaning in pain, but made eye contact with Ragna, her eyes widened.

"Everything I did...I was just trying to help Tyler," Jules mumbled, staring straight into Ragna's baby blue eyes.

The possibility of Jules being able to see Ragna dawned on her. This has happened on a few times before, before dying people would always look to Ragna, who would be with Klaus, as if they could see her, but Ragna always shook the feeling off as nothing.

"Are you Jules?" Ragna asked quietly,

"I didn't want him to be alone!" Jules yelled.