08. House of Pain

"Repeat after me," Ragna said following Klaus down the dim hallway lined with lockers. "Ragna is the best protector in the world, and if I would have listened to her, I wouldn't be in this situation."

Klaus sighed, "Ragna, I don't have time for this right now."

"But you would, if you would have of listened to me," Ragna huffed, "We also wouldn't be in this dreaded small town."

"You have an all seeing eye," Klaus said to Ragna, "Tell me what to do."

"Remember that werewolf Tyler?" Ragna asked Klaus. He nodded, remembering the recently turned Lockwood werewolf. "Well," Ragna began, "He's here, I feel it so, let's use him to our advantage. They care about him make them give you what you want."

Klaus smirked, "You're brilliant."

"I know," Ragna smiled maliciously.

"Now is not the time to boast your  Protector supremacy," Klaus told her, "I have a doppelganger to kill."

Ragna rolled her eyes at him, "The girl will come through those doors in, three, two, one..."

Suddenly the double doors flung open and the brunette girl game face to face with the hybrid looking to kill her.

"Here's my girl," Klaus smirked at Elena.

"Klaus!" She yelped, trying to turn around to run but was stopped by Klaus once more.

"You are supposed to be dead. What are we going to do about that?"

••••

Klaus fingers dug deeply into Elena's arm as he dragged her down the hall. "You put a rather large kink in my plans, sweetheart," Klaus told her, "The whole point of breaking the curse and becoming a hybrid was to make more hybrids. I haven't been able to do that. Now my bet is, it has something to do with the fact that you're still breathing.""If you're going to kill me, just do it!" Elena shouted trying to free herself from him. Ragna rolled her eyes at the girl, "She's one for the dramatics, isn't she?"

Klaus wanted to agree with Ragna, but did not want to perceive himself crazy. Not at this moment when he finally had what he needed. "Not until I know I'm right," Klaus told her, "But I do have ways of making you suffer."

Klaus pulled her into the gym where a few students meandered around, setting up pranks. Ragna learned it as Senior Prank Night, the night before the first day of school when the seniors set up pranks.

"Attention, seniors. You have officially been busted," Klaus spoke in his best American accent, "Prank night is over. Head on home."

"I remember them," Ragna said pointing at two students, "Dumb and dumber I called them. Madly in love with another. Use them to your advantage, innocent bystanders. That's who Elena hates the most to get hurt."

Klaus stepped closer to the female and male student. He spoke in his regular voice, "You two. I remember you.""I'm sorry. Who are you?" The girl asked. Ragna recognized her as Dana. "Oh, don't worry, I wasn't in my right head last time we met," Klaus smirked at her before using his compulsion, "Lift your foot up, please, Dana." She obeyed his orders and lifted her foot.

"Tell the boy if she drops her foot beat her to death," Ragna said, "I love a good beating."

"If she drops her foot, Chad, I want you to beat her to death," Klaus repeated Ragna's words, "Understood?" The boy nodded, signalling that he knew what he had to do.

"Don't, Klaus. You don't have to hurt anybody," Elena pleaded.

Ragna smirked, "Oh come on, yes we do."