06. Particular

"Why would you take him back here?" Ragna asked from the backseat seat, "Do you want more screws to go loose in that head of his?"

Klaus huffed from the front seat. The two of them were alone after Stefan ran into a nearby gas station, "You have enough of your own problems to deal with. Like that Hile girl. Who the bloody hell is that?"

"She's kinda like my boss I guess," Ragna shrugged, "She seems like an interesting character doesn't she?"

"I suppose so," Klaus said, "So I have a question, are there a lot of other protectors like yourself?"

"Not sure," Ragna told him, "Last thing I remember is a bright light and bam! 'm invisible until you needed me."

"It just doesn't make sense," Klaus sighed, "That's not how nature works."

"It works in mysterious ways Klaus," Ragna told him, "There will always be unanswered questions until time just stops."

"I like to know everything," Klaus groaned.

Ragna rolled her eyes at him, "Well that's not how it works."

"What did Hiln mean by the dress will always stay dark?" Klaus asked her.

Ragna shrugged, "How am I suppose to know? I don't really have a choice, I'm like you conscious."

"So you don't dress yourself everyday?" Klaus asked with raised eyebrows.

"Well...I don't know how it works I just wear black. I don't really have the time to shop it just appears."

"Weird," Klaus mumbled.

"Says the werevamp hybrid," Ragna stuck her tongue out at him.

"Says the invisible person in the back of my car," Klaus fired back, "I'm still not 100 percent I'm not imagining you."

Ragna smirked, "Maybe you are."

••••

Klaus and Stefan stepped out of the car, both taking a look at the city and the skyscrapers, "Welcome back to Chicago Stefan."

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asked him.

"I know how much you loved it here," Klaus smirked, "Bringing back you ripper days?"

Stefan shrugged, "Blacked out most of the time. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are a blur."

"Well that's a crying shame," Ragna said gaining Klaus' attention, "The details are what makes him a legend."

"Word was the Ripper of Monterry got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort," Klaus told Stefan, "It was Prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which makes everything so much fun." Klaus turned away from Stefan and faced the city, "Chicago was magical."

"Yeah, well I'll take your word for it," Stefan said, "Like I said, I don't remember most of it."

"Going to business then?" Klaus asked.

"Why am I still with you?" Stefan asked, "We had our fun. Your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?"

"We're going to see my favorite witch," Klaus said causing Ragna to groan, "It anyone can help us with our hybrid problem it's her."

"Can't wait," Ragna moaned, "I hated her."

••••

"Looks familiar doesn't it?" Klaus asked Stefan.

"I can't believe this place is still here," Stefan said looking around the old speakeasy.

"You got to be kidding me," a voice said coming from the bar causing Klaus to smile and Ragna to frown.