Chapter 8 - I can handle myself

(Casey's pov)

As I got out of the car I had Blake constantly ringing me over and over but I couldn't answer the phone in the car. "Hello" I answered.

"Casey stay where you are!" She ordered.

"Wait what?" My signal was really bad. "Hello?" I said.

"Reid is coming just stay there!" She ordered again. "We think the unsub is tracking you" she explained.

"Me... But why?" I asked.

"We don't know but wait for Reid stay hidden" she ordered then my phone cut her off. I shook my phone and tapped it seeing that the signal had gone. I stood there realising that my front door was open, I was debating whether to investigate it or just leave it as it could be a trap.

I put my hand on my gun walking slowly towards the door. I breathed in and out really slowly. I walked in the living room was clear, the kitchen was clear. I was more afraid of going upstairs so I left it but as I turned around my mind went fuzzy. I squinted my eyes realising I had been hit in the head really hard. I tried to reach for my gun but they kicked it away and dragged me up.

"I've finally found you after all these years" he whispered. I squinted my eyes still my eye sight was blurry but it was no use I couldn't make out who this person was. I was too weak to fight back at him as he dragged me out side I watched as a trail of blood followed behind me.

(Reid's pov)

I got out with JJ seeing trails of blood outside the house. "We're too late" I whispered to myself I felt like a huge part of me had been ripped out when I knew we was too late.

"Spence there was a struggle" JJ pointed out while walking into Casey's living room. "Spence?" She questioned. I wasn't really paying attention I was looking at the photo of her and her family on the wall.

"She's really gone" I mumbled I felt like my heart had been torn.

"Spence we'll get her back" JJ reassured me. "Casey didn't give up on you last time so you don't give up on her" she tried to cheer me up.

"She's... Really gone" I couldn't take in the fact that she might be okay. For all I know the unsub could have already murdered her. JJ consoled me as I knelt to the floor crying my teardrops fell on the picture I was holding.

"We'll get her back" JJ repeated patting my back.

"This was my fault" I blamed.

"It's not your fault Spence if it weren't for you figuring it out it was Casey's initials we would've never guessed" soon enough I had reassured myself and I had to believe Casey was still alive for my sake.

(Casey's pov)

I opened my eyes to see a bright lighting shining at me. I was handcuffed to a pole with my underwear on. I could hardly see the light was so bright. "Hello?" My voice sounded weak.

"Agent Parker" he mumbled. "I knew they would figure out my message" he talked to himself. "But I was better I was the faster one" he raised his voice. "Me!" He shouted.

I moved my cuffs trying to get his attention.

"They said he was the better one..." He mumbled. "Better grades than me, better looks than me, better everything!" He screamed. "But not this time no... You see I've finally succeeded but he didn't" he laughed but then turned to see straight at me. "You...." He pointed I could hardly see his face. "He was my best friend... And you killed him!" He shouted grabbing hold of my chin. "I've waited so long for revenge and now I can have my fun" he smirked at me.

"I'm sorry" I apologised. "I didn't mean to..." I struggled to speak. "Alex was_" I coughed. "He was... About to shoot... To shoot my friend" I explained looking down.

"You think" he started laughing but he was obviously crazy. "You think after saying sorry I'm going to let you go?" He laughed like crazy and grabbed hold of my neck choking me. "Have I got news for you your not going anywhere till I give you what you rightfully deserve" he let my neck go and laughed at me coughing.

As he went out of the room I was stood there still chained to a pole. I was thinking of Reid. I missed him so much it was unbelievable. A tear ran down my cheek as I thought about him imagining him standing in front of me. "Help me" I whispered. "Please" even though I knew he wasn't really there. I slid down and sat on the cold concrete floor thinking about him. I really did miss him.

(Reid's pov)

"Casey's gone missing" I tried not to cry while saying those words. I looked at everyone sat in the conference room. "The unsub abducted her from her own home" I explained. Casey's picture uploaded on the screen behind me.

"We believe the unsub has a grudge against Casey and has been planning it for a long time" JJ helped me explain.

"How did you figure out the message?" Hotch asked.

"I was going through the last case and there was a picture of Casey and it stood out from the rest and although it didn't click at first it did when I was going over initials which CP stands for Casey Parker" I explained as JJ patted me on the back.

"He's obviously been observing Casey over the past few years he knows her routine" Rossi nodded.

"Guys I'm afraid if we don't find Casey in 48 hours..." I bit my lip trying not to burst into tears.

"Reid we're going to find her" Morgan consoled. "She's a tough woman when she wants to be and she's very smart she'll find every little way possible to communicate with us" he said grabbing his files.

"Lets just hope she doesn't get herself killed" I mumbled.

Blake came up to me and took me to one side. "It wasn't your fault" she said.

"I should've gone with her Blake she was my partner... Partners are meant to stick together but... Somehow I feel as if I let this happen" I broke down in front of her.

"She went on her own..." She hugged me. "She was vulnerable and she had her gun on her just because we have partners doesn't mean we should be with them 24/7" she hugged me for a while and she gave me some tissues.

"I hope she's okay..." I mumbled to myself looking out the window. She could be anywhere right now I thought to myself.